Can I make this slow cooker Tortilla Soup Ahead of Time?
WHAT TIME OF CHICKEN SHOULD I USED FOR TORTILLA SOUP?
Other SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE!
Crockpot Tortilla Soup Recipe
Look at all the goodness in this one bowl of soup.
This repost is the 2nd time making this soup and thought it was pretty good but especially easy.
What kind of soup do you like on a cold afternoon??
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn, I only could find regular corn
- 2-3 green onions
- 28 oz can of tomatoes and juice
- 1 cup chopped up vegetables that you have on hand, celery and carrots in my fridge
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 can of black beans--I used organic tri-blend
- --tortilla chips
- --Shredded Taco Blend or cheddar Cheese
- --sour cream
- --green onions
- Dice all veggies--dump everything into the crock pot
- Items can be frozen if you have leftover cooked chicken etc in freezer.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 6 or so.
- Before serving, garnish as you choose.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 47mgSodium 927mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 9gSugar 13gProtein 18g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.