Can I make this slow cooker Tortilla Soup Ahead of Time?
WHAT TIME OF CHICKEN SHOULD I USED FOR TORTILLA SOUP?
Other SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE!
No Effort Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe
30 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes To Stay Fit in The New Year
Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes & Bacon
Crockpot Tortilla Soup Recipe
Look at all the goodness in this one bowl of soup.
This repost is the 2nd time making this soup and thought it was pretty good but especially easy.
What kind of soup do you like on a cold afternoon??
CrockPot Tortilla Soup
Crock Pot Tortilla Soup is a comfort food that is made while you are at work or busy in the day
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn, I only could find regular corn
- 2-3 green onions
- 28 oz can of tomatoes and juice
- 1 cup chopped up vegetables that you have on hand, celery and carrots in my fridge
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 can of black beans--I used organic tri-blend
- --tortilla chips
- --Shredded Taco Blend or cheddar Cheese
- --sour cream
- --green onions
- Dice all veggies--dump everything into the crock pot
- Items can be frozen if you have leftover cooked chicken etc in freezer.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 6 or so.
- Before serving, garnish as you choose.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 47mgSodium 927mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 9gSugar 13gProtein 18g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
This looks delicious… will have to try it. Nothing better than a crockpot of soup cooking 🙂
LOVE Tortilla Soup, never made it in the crockpot… will have to try! I think spicy soups are PERFECT for chilly afternoons 🙂
I love making homemade tortilla soup. I will have to try out your version!
Looks fantastic!! I’m hungry now. 🙂
This looks sooo good. I think I need to break out my crock pot now.
I love crock pot recipes! Thanks for posting. I really like Tortilla soup, but I haven’t taken the time to make it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.
This soup makes me feel warm
This looks very good!
This recipe looks delicious! I love tortilla soup.
I am always looking for crockpot recipes. This looks like one my husband will love!