You have planned out your ultimate 5 day Disney Itinerary, now it is time to book your Disney Vacation hotel. Growing up when my family took us to Walt Disney World we stayed in hotels around Kissimmee. I am as old as Disney, so we have been going for a long time. Not sure if the hotel prices were too high when I was a kid or if my parents even looked into staying at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel. I had my first experience staying at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel with my youngest a few years ago and this year I was able to experience it again as a conference member to Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. We wanted to share 6 Reasons to Stay at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel.
We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside hotel as conference attendees. IT is a motel feel with well-appointed rooms that serve the purpose for your trip to Disney World. The lobby at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside reopened this summer following a two-month renovation. The fresh new look includes new tile, colorful rugs, decorative period lighting and new furniture. This 2,048-room resort depicts the lifestyle of the great Old South with wandering paths, picturesque waterways and the sounds of Cajun music, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside includes mansion-style accommodations and rustic retreats. (Kent Phillips, photographer)
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside showcases new lighting fixtures, reflecting the romance of the South, as part of its recent lobby renovation. The moderate resort has a fresh new look in its expansive lobby. (Kent Phillips, photographer)
Your Disney experience starts before you ever leave your house when you stay at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel.
6 Reasons to Stay at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel
Arrange fast passes to The Disney Parks rides before you leave.
You can schedule up to 3 a day. These are a must do for any park goer to make a less stressful day if you have a fast pass for the most popular rides. Don’t over schedule, Too Many times during our time at the park, I heard parents yelling at their kids to hurry up to make their next Fast Pass. It is about creating a fine balance in your planning.
2. No need to rent a car.
The Disney Magical Express will get you and your luggage straight to the hotel from the airport. Once you check in your luggage at your departure airport, you won’t have to worry about lugging your luggage, strollers etc through the airport. Disney’s Magical express is a free bus and luggage service available only to Resort guests. I used this for the first time from the airport and my luggage had no issue getting to my room. This service goes to and from the airport.
3. Magic Band 2...
The new Magic Band 2 is coming out….. First, if you have no idea what a Magic Band is, it allows you to carry less into the parks each day. The Magic Bands are your Magical Express passes, Hotel Key, Park Tickets, Fast Passes and Credit Card. That is a lot of plastic to keep track of, NO MORE People, one little band per person does everything you need.
Here is a look at what you can do with the Magic Band 2…. wear it on a key chain.
4. Magical Hours
As a guest of a Walt Disney World Resort each day there is a park that opens early for resort guests and one that stays up later for guests only. Be sure to check the daily schedule to maximize your time at the right park.
5. Continuous transportation service to and from your Walt Disney resort to the parks.
If you are going to the resorts and don’t use a Disney Resort you need to wait until everyone is ready to leave the park so you can leave together. If you stay at a resort, people can leave on their schedule. You will find buses, boats and the monorail accessible to and from your Disney Hotel.
6. First Class Service
Disney knows how to keep their guests happy, from towel animals to well-appointed hotel rooms and resorts. There is a Disney Property to meet both your budget and family’s interests.
Here are our 6 Reasons to Stay at a Walt Disney Resort Hotel, what other reasons should you stay on property?
Be sure to check out the Disney Parks Blog for inspiration and more tips for your next Disney Vacation. There are always Disney Hotel Discounts just check their Disney Experience Website.
Here are the reasons to stay at a Walt Disney Resort from A Walt Disney World Travel Specialist.
- You can make dining reservations at 180 days prior to your check-in for your entire length of stay (up to 10 days) instead of one day at a time like off-site guests.
- Make Fastpass reservations 60 days before your check-in while off property guests will make them 30 days in advance.
- The Magical Express is included which is free transportation to and from the airport to a Disney resort, so you do not have to rent a car. Disney monorail, boat, and bus transportation to and from the parks are free and convenient.
- Add a dining plan to your package which will save you money on food.
- The location of the Disney resorts is very convenient so you can easily take a break in the day for a swim or nap to escape the crowds and Florida heat.
- Disney resort guest also can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours when the parks are open only to Disney resort guests, making crowds much lower.
- Every guest will receive complimentary Magic Bands which will serve as your room key, park ticket, way to charge items to your room, and much more.
Contact Sara for more travel questions:
Want to make your trip a Disney Land and Sea adventure? Be sure to check out our posts about Disney Cruises.