I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Vanity Fair. I received product samples compensation to facilitate my review and6 steps to choosing the right bra size and to thank me for my participation.
Finding the right bra seems like an easy task for women. Go to the store, search for the size you have been in for years, look for a cute style and buy it. During my time at the Vanity Fair Women Who Do Summit in July, I learned this is far from reality. Did you know, 80% of women don’t know if they are wearing the right bra. While style is important, sizing and comfort should be your first priorities. I am sharing 3 things every women should know before purchasing a bra to ensure comfort and proper support. We all know we have spent a day in a bra and your chest hurts or you were bouncing all over the place. (we are all guilty of this)
I spent a month wearing my Vanity Fair Women’s Body Caress Full Coverage Wirefree Bra and the Vanity Fair Women’s Body Caress Full Coverage Underwire Bra I brought home from my bra fitting in NYC. Since wearing both of these, I have not gone back to my old bras. (Did I mention old, probably 10 years old). I have since thrown out a lot of bras in my drawer as well.
These bras are beyond comfortable as I wore them both for our trip to Alaska. We were constantly on the move and these were so supportive too. In the past, I had an issue with headlights, not on cars. You know what I mean right!! I was able to wear a lot of different shirts and dresses and never noticed this problem. Also they look smooth under my shirts and feel so soft on my skin.
I am also in love with their Illumination String Bikinis. A best seller at Macy’s . These panties flex and stay in place. No worries about grabbing my underwear when I wear dresses. I love the colors too.
Before choosing a bra size, take these steps to ensure a proper fit.
- 2 Finger Test: Put 2 fingers under straps and band to ensure it fits properly
- Cup Check: Your breasts should fill the cup, leaving no wrinkles or gaps and the cups are flush to the chest
- Middle Hook: The bra should fit the best on the middle hook. This will allow for small fluctuations in size
- MAX Lift: With your arms at your size, your breasts should lie between your shoulders and elbows.
- Comfort: You should not feel the bra
- Top Test: Put on a shirt to test the look. A tight t-shirt works the best.
So what should you know before purchasing a bra and choosing a Vanity Fair Bra:
1. Vanity Fair’s modern and practical styles are inspired by customers’ needs so the brand can help provide women with confidence all day long. Vanity Fair products offer a touch of elegance that continually changes with the times to remain on-trend, but incredibly functional.
2. The designers at Vanity Fair are always scouting emerging trends and styles by taking inspiration from seasonal runway shows. The products at Vanity Fair are always stylish and trend-right and take advantage of developing styles based around fashion trends and colors.
3. Get Fitted periodically before purchasing a bra. Hormones, Age, weight gain and pregnancy can alter your bra size. Vanity Fair offers an extensive assortment of sizing, including band sizes 34 – 44 and cup sizes B – DDD.
Be sure to look for Vanity Fair Products at retailers nationwide including Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney and Sears. You wont be breaking the bank either. Gone are the days of $80 Bras that look good but feel horrible. Vanity Fair bras typically retail around $40 and panties typically retail around $9 for one pair. Look out for sales as well.