This post about ALDI Store hours in Richmond, Virginia is sponsored by Aldi. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Richmond, Virginia has a new grocery store as of April 24th, 2015. ALDI, the nation’s low-price grocery leader, has opened locations in Henrico (Parham Road), Colonial Heights (Dimmock Parkway) and soon in Waynesboro (Shenandoah Village). Never heard of ALDI GROCERY STORES? ALDI offers more than 1,300 of the most commonly purchased items sold under ALDI exclusive brands for prices up to 50 percent* less than traditional supermarkets, including a wide range of new, healthier options like organic produce, USDA Choice beef and the SimplyNature line of products free of artificial colors, flavors or unnecessary enhancers. In addition to these items, ALDI recently introduced its liveGfree gluten-free product line offering such foods as cake mixes to pasta and frozen pizzas. And most items are under $5. We don’t normally purchase gluten free products but this seems like a huge savings.
But don’t expect to do your shopping after the kids get off to school. As part of Aldi’s cost saving techniques they have limited hours. Aldi Store hours are
- Monday- Friday 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturday 9 am to 8 pm
- Sunday 9 am to 7 pm
I have not been to an ALDI in over 15 years, when I lived in Chicago. I was so impressed by how clean and organized this Richmond location appeared during my visit. They have a huge variety of products and since I had recently gone grocery shopping, the prices were drastically reduced from the other grocery store’s every day pricing. Best part, there is no loyalty program, the prices you see at ALDI will be the prices you see everyday.
Well almost every day, unless you happen to grab one of the ALDI weekly specials. Each week the ALDI flyer comes out with new specials. Including the fresh meat special buy, 6 produce picks of the week (at even more savings) and the ALDI Finds products. Don’t get too attached to the ALDI Special Buys. Once these items are sold they are gone. Go early to grab one of these deals.
ALDI sells beer and wine as well, so you can truly find everything you need from your everyday grocery to entertaining needs. From gourmet cheeses to baked goods and organic produce they carry the most common grocery items. If you are a gourmet cook that requires a lot of spices or unique ingredients, you might have to shop somewhere else for those.
TIPS FOR VISITING AN ALDI GROCERY STORE:
1. Bring a quarter, otherwise you will be holding all your groceries. You rent a cart and then get the quarter back after your shopping. This means less overhead and no carts floating in the parking area. They have 81 parking spots by the way.
2. Bring your own Grocery bags. You will be bagging your own items and if you don’t bring bags you will pay a min. of 6 cents for a plastic bag to 1.99 for an eco-friendly bag. ALDI were eco-friendly before it became popular.
3. Bring a list, there is so much to look at, you can easily get distracted from your purpose for shopping.
4. Pick up next week’s deals on your way out so you can plan for next week.
5. ALDI stores do not accept CREDIT CARDS, but do accept Cash DEBIT Cards and EBT/Quest Cards.
6. Don’t expect to find too many name brand products. Even though they carry over 1,300 products, ALDI has their exclusive brands, which must meet or exceed the national name brands on taste and Quality. Don’t think so, they have a double guarantee for their products, ALDI will refund your product plus replace it.
7. Don’t forget to check the ALDI hours listed below.
*Based upon a price comparison of comparable products sold at leading national retail grocery stores.
Whether you are an ALDI store loyal customer or live in one of their new markets, Close to Home will be giving away one $25 gift certificate to use at any ALDI location. Enter the Rafflecopter Below.