Updated photos 5/17
I have tried a lot of different marinades for Pork Tenderloin and this Pork tenderloin recipe is by far my go to. Not only is it very flavorful but I have a rosemary bush in my yard and often have lemons. Best of all you can make a few extra batches for a later date. Pork Tenderloin is such an easy weeknight meal or elegant dinner party idea. Next time you find a good price on Pork Tenderloin be sure to buy a few extra, make this Amazing Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe and store them in the freezer for your next dinner. The marinade compliments the meat as it thaws out too. Check out other great make ahead meals for entertaining guests.
Amazing Pork Tenderloin Recipe is just what you need with a glass of wine. My husband and I love a glass of wine with dinner, I mean taco night calls for a great Merlot, grilled fish calls for a crisp Pinot Giorgio, I think you get my drift. We love our wine and it is healthy too right? My husband had been on the road quiet a bit this month and so I decided to make a nice dinner for us, kid friendly and prep ahead of course. We would have a nice dinner so we could enjoy a nice glass of wine to celebrate him being home with the family. Since it was still relatively warm outside, I thought I would grill something and chose the Barefoot Contessa’s Recipe for her super flavorful herb marinated pork tenderloin. I will share her recipe below.
While preparing for dinner late that afternoon, I went into our wine fridge and it was pretty empty, I mean totally empty besides the bottle of wine we bought our first year of marriage, that we probably should never drink ( simply because it was never stored right until just a few years ago) . So what am I to do, the kids were getting off the bus in 20 minutes so I had not time to head to the wine store and I knew I had to hit Target in between afternoon activities. I picked up a bottle of wine, under $10, basically picked it by the label. I know not very sophisticated but time was an issue. I was a little worried that I would be ruining dinner with a bad bottle of wine.
It was hard to see the bubbles in our bottle as the glass was very dark. I noticed a slight difference in the wine after I processed it a few times. My husband’s response was the 3rd glass of wine will be even better!! I did feel it was less bubbly and a little smoother in flavor.
Will This Amazing Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe become the wine enthusiasts favorite meal?
Amazing grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 25 minutesAdditional Time 10 minutesTotal Time 45 minutes
- 1 lemon, zest grated
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 4 to 6 lemons
- Good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 6 cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- 3 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, mustard, and 2 teaspoons salt in a sturdy 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins and turn to coat with the marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the tenderloins from the marinade and discard the marinade but leave the herbs that cling to the meat. Sprinkle the tenderloins generously with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large oven-proof saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear the pork tenderloins on all sides until golden brown. Place the saute pan in the oven and roast the tenderloins for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat registers 137 degrees F at the thickest part. Transfer the tenderloins to a platter and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Carve in 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. The thickest part of the tenderloin will be quite pink (it's just fine!) and the thinnest part will be well done. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm, or at room temperature with the juices that collect in the platter. SERVES 6 *
Adapted from Ina Garten
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 831 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 442mg Sodium: 369mg Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 140g
What type of marinade do you make to flavor grilled pork tenderloin?
Pin this Best marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin recipe for next time you find a good buy on pork tenderloins.