I originally posted this Quick Pork Chop recipes in 2010 for an easy weeknight meal. Now that you might have some leftover Cranberry sauce and looking for a quick but elegant meal during the hustle of the holidays I decided to repost, with better pictures too.
Now that school is in full swing, the afternoon schedules are starting up. Which means either a very early dinner for the kids or a quick late dinner. I was going through my cookbooks the other day and found this recipe I had printed out years ago and it got misplaced. I made it the other night and surprised everyone with a elegant looking dinner that did not take very long. There is no need to do much prep either, except for any side dishes you wish to fix. I made a side of orzo and steamed broccoli.
I happened to find some amazing boneless Pork chops on sale so I had to make this recipe. It is one of our favorite pork chop recipes and I often forget to put it in our rotation.
Love the color you get with butter although not the healthiest of choices
My kids were more excited about the “wine sauce” and us explaining that the alcohol is actually burned off. If you are uncomfortable with using wine, grape or apple juice would be a good substitute.
I love the colors of this recipe, great for holiday parties.
We did have one pork chop left over, I tried microwaving it a few days later for myself. Pork and the microwave are not best friends. Try to make as much as you will need!
This is written for 2 servings, I tripled it using 6 think cut pork chops.
- Pork Chops with Cranberry Thyme SaucePrep Time10 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time30 mins
A quick weeknight meal or great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce. Pork Chops with Cranberry Thyme SauceCourse: Main CourseCuisine: AmericanKeyword: Pork Chops with Cranberry Thyme SauceServings: 6Calories: 53 kcalIngredients
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 5- to 6- ounce boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce- homemade or whole berry jarred cranberry sauce
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Sauté pork until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer pork to plate. Add wine to same skillet. Bring to simmer, scraping up browned bits in bottom of pan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Return pork and any juices to skillet. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer pork to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
This is made for 2 pork chops but you can double or triple it
Adapted from EpicuriousNutrition FactsPork Chops with Cranberry Thyme SauceAmount Per ServingCalories 53 Calories from Fat 9% Daily Value*Total Fat 1g 2%Saturated Fat 1g 5%Cholesterol 5mg 2%Sodium 22mg 1%Potassium 26mg 1%Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%Sugars 6gVitamin A 2.4%Vitamin C 1.7%Calcium 0.4%Iron 0.9%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.