We received a promotional item to create this best bourbon pecan tart recipe but all the opinions are 100% my own.
Definitely put the tart pan on a cookie sheet for easy transference into the oven.
- • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp. sugar
- • ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- • ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- • 5 Tbsp. ice water
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- • 3 large eggs
- • 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- • ¼ cup butter, melted
- • 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- • ¾ cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- • 1 ¼ cups pecan halves
- Whipped Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1-3 tablespoons confectionery sugar
- 1 tablespoon four Roses Bourbon, more if no kids eating
- 1. Prepare Dough: Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Using your fingers, gently combine flour mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle over ice water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, over surface of mixture in bowl; stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Roll out dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 10-inch round tart pan; fold edges under and crimp.
- 3. Prepare Filling: Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk in eggs and next 3 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and pecan halves.
- 4. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 28 to 30 minutes or until crust in browned and center is almost set. Cool 3 hours on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each wedge, and serve.
What are your best Bourbon recipes?