Even in December, you can get fresh tomatoes as Grape and Cherry Tomatoes always seem to be available at our local markets. My children like Salmon but they really loved this best Salmon Recipe from no other than my favorite Barefoot Contessa.
Since many of you can grill in the snow, this is the perfect recipe for salmon lovers. This salmon recipe is easy enough for the busy weeknight cook, but also glamorous enough for a dinner party. The whole family will love this Melting Tomatoes Ina Garten Salmon Recipe that comes together in just minutes. Grape tomatoes are available all year long so this is the perfect dinner to serve any month of the year.
Melting Tomatoes Ina Garten Salmon Recipe
Like I mentioned before my family really enjoys fish and salmon recipes especially. We all agreed that you could probably switch out the fish to your family favorite as well. Enjoy this recipe year-round as grape tomatoes are found at any market.
I think this would be pretty with different colored tomatoes too. Buy whatever is in season and looks the freshest at your market.
If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand be sure to try the Gourmet Gardens partially dried herbs. They last up to 3 weeks.
Ina Garten Salmon and Melting Tomatoes
Salmon and Melted Tomatoes fromBarefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow onion, Vidalia is always good
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, ( 2 cloves)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cut up fresh basil leaves or Garden Gourmet dried herbs
- 1 2 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces ( have your seafood person do this)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place salmon skin side up in the cast iron pan (or a heavy bottom fry pan) which I pre – heated for about 5 minutes. Cook the fish for about 4 minutes, don’t move them . Turn the salmon skin side down with a metal spatula . Transfer the pan to the oven for about 6 minutes. Remove the fish , make sure it’s cooked through, and place on a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil, allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. It will continue to cook for a bit after you remove it from pan.
- Reheat the tomato mixture, season to taste, and serve along the salmon. You can serve at room temperature, hot or warm.
* this recipe is for 4 people I fed 2 adults and 3 kids with 2 lbs of salmon
Adapted from Ina Garten
All-Clad E7954064 HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Square Grill Cookware, 11", Black
Cuisinart 722-36H Chef's Classic Stainless 14-Inch Open Skillet with Helper Handle
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 111mg Sodium: 222mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 39g