Refreshing Blueberry Margaritas Recipe is the perfect way to enjoy the betties of the summer. I started composing a post about freezing blueberries and as I was double checking whether or not to wash the blueberries b/f freezing I found a great site that already has it photographed for you. Visit Pickyourown.org for picking locations of all the fruits and veggies in your area, as well as some great recipe ideas. You can also refer to my previous post on strawberries.
Blueberries are in season in VA, although Swift Creek Berry farm has a low supply, you can still find great deals at the grocery store or farmers market. Blueberries are so versatile and can be used in so many recipes.
One year we made Frozen Blueberry Margaritas from Southern Living, biggest complaint was the seeds but a unique twist.
Frozen Blueberry Margaritas Recipe
Makes about 5 1/2 cups
- Fresh orange juice or lime juice (optional)
- Blue or purple decorator sugar crystals (optional)
- 3 cups ice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Dip rims of margarita glasses in orange juice, and dip in sugar crystals to coat, if desired.
- Process ice and next 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve in prepared glasses.
- Would love to hear some of your favorite blueberry recipes that may not be so common.