When ever I see cake mixes on sale for under a dollar at the grocery store I usually end up buying one or two. With no real intention of what I am going to make. Well the other day I was cleaning out my cupboard and found a few boxes of devil’s food cake mix.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (optional to add with butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, butter and eggs until smooth and well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.