Once Spring hits Virginia, we are all about grilling. Actually as long as it is not pouring or snowing, we try to BBQ all year round here. However, most of our Barbecue entertaining starts in the spring thru fall.
I love throwing parities where the husband is declared the official griller and all his friends stand around with a drink and decide if the food is done. However, not everything can be done on the grill at the same time.
I like to start off my guests with a quick and delicious appetizer that still have the casual BBQ theme but can be made ahead of time. I mixed things up this time and make mini bacon and cheese Turkey Burgers to serve as a starter for our party. They are small, flavorful and fun to display for the party too.
Mini Bacon Turkey burger Appetizer Bites
I made the Turkey burger /meatballs a few days ahead of time. I use Shady Brook Farms brand whenever I can find them. Their multiple product offerings are raised on more than 700 independent family farms so you feel like you are helping smaller farmers.
How to Make MINI BURGER APPETIZERS
Mix your ground turkey and seasonings in a large bowl until well blended.
Using a small ice cream scoop, grab equal amounts of the turkey mixture and roll into balls.
Place the turkey burger bites on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven, rotating every 5 minutes.
CAN I MAKE THESE MINI BURGERS AHEAD OF TIME?
If not serving these mini bacon & Cheese turkey burger appetizer immediately , allow to cool slightly then store in a plastic container in the fridge.
If refrigerated, take out 15 minutes before serving. Heat up slightly in the oven then add a small slice of cheese on top of each “meatball”
HOW TO ASSEMBLE BURGER SKEWERS
Put in oven until slightly melted.
Using toothpicks, layer lettuce, bacon and a tomato half. Insert into your turkey meatball and serve immediately. You can make a ketchup mixture for dipping if desired.
Everyone at the party really enjoyed these turkey hamburger appetizers.
I bet you can’t eat just one of these amazing mini burger appetizers.
Decorate the table with fun picnic glasses and checkered napkins.
Also fill some glass spice jars with a yummy BBQ rub and recipes as party favors.
Mini Bacon & cheese Turkey burger Appetizer Recipe
- 1 package Shady Brook Farms Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- for burger appetizers
- sliced Cheese, cut in small pieces
- Pre-Cooked Bacon slices, cut in small pieces
- Lettuce leaves, cut into small pieces
- Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, parsley egg, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a bowl. Roll mixture into palm-size meatballs and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and outside is browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Turning for even browning if desired. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165
- If serving immediately: While meatballs are cooking Prepare your burger toppings.
- "Stack" your desired toppings on toothpicks.
- When the baking time is up, top each meatball with a small slice of cheese, place back in the oven for a couple of minutes more to let the cheese melt.
- Insert the already stacked toothpick into the meatball and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 108Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 36mgSodium 186mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.