Don’t Forget at 12am EST each WEDNESDAY it is TIME TO VOTE FOR REYNOLDS REAL MOMS. Maria Long
You can vote once each week!
With the start of Spring, also comes seasonal allergies. I am feeling the affects of allergies today but that will not stop my hungry crew from coming home from their afternoon activities and sports, starving. What is a mom to do?
I had purchased everything to make Chicken Kebabs tonight, but I really don’t have the time or energy to make them. Why not make “kebabs” in Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil packs instead? I can make them ahead of time and the plop them on the grill or oven in time to feed my hungry crew.
I love kebabs because you can customize them for each person in your family. Instead of using a skewer, divide your ingredients among 12×24 pieces of foil, one per serving. Bring the sides together and fold them to make a complete seal. It is that simple.
For an easy side dish, I decided to make some grilled corn that is wrapped in foil. Add a dollop of butter, salt and pepper and wrap in a piece of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum foil.
This is quick but healthy meal that will cook in less about 30 minutes. Just be sure to start cooking your corn before your kebab packets.
Here is dinner almost ready to be served. No mess in the kitchen and quick cooking too. What I love about cooking the kebabs in foil is you do not loose any of the veggies or the meat through the grill grates.
We are finished grilling our Chicken Kebab foil packets and corn. Dinner is served. Fresh, fun and flavorful alternative to a traditional kebab.
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kebab Foil Packs
- 1/3 cup pineapple, peach or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes (1 lb)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunks I used fresh but you can use canned
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion cut in 1 inch cubes (use another colored pepper if you don’t like onion)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, stir together pineapple preserves, brown sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper.
- Cut 4 (24×12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Divide chicken, bell peppers, pineapple chunks and pineapple preserves mixture among foil sheets. Sprinkle with salt. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 6 minutes. Using tongs, carefully turn packets over, taking care not to puncture foil. Cook 10 to 12 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Use care when opening the foil pack, it is very hot.
Makes 4 servings
How to make Grilled Corn Recipe
- 6 ears corn
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened –used flavored butters for a change
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
Peel back corn husks and remove silk. Place 1 tablespoon butter, salt and pepper on each piece of corn. Close husks.
Wrap each ear of corn tightly in aluminum foil. Place on the prepared grill. Cook approximately 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn is tender.
Wednesdays are the only days to vote for Maria Long on Reynolds Real Moms. . Remember you can vote weekly and watch my videos too but you can not vote via a mobile device….. Thanks for your support and please check out the tips these great ladies are sharing.