Stir Fry is a great way to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Like the Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe I shared in a previous post, the sauce really makes up the recipe as you can change-up any of the veggies that suit your family. I adapted this Flank Steak stir fry recipe from Justrecipes.com and doubled it to serve my family of five. There were only veggies left in the dish. I served it with brown rice I started in the rice cooker as I was cutting up veggies.
Chinese New Year Dish– Veggie and Flank Steak Stir Fry Recipe
I was a little worried about the flavoring of this recipe, as many recipes suggested marinating the flank steak first. I picked this Chinese New Year dish to try, since this was a little last-minute.
Make sure your flank steak is very cold, you could even stick it in the freezer a few minutes to ease the chore of slicing it thin.
Flank steak does cook quickly so be sure and watch it and don’t allow it to over cook or you will have a tough piece of meat.
Enjoy and curious about the veggie combination your family chooses. If you use broccoli I might blanche it first.
Premium Angus Beef delivered to your door at great prices and great quality. They have grass fed beef also.
- all Purpose Stir Fry Sauce
- 6 TBSP soy sauce low sodium is my preference
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger finely chopped, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onion including green tops
- 1/2 tsp chili oil I used peanut oil
- main ingredients
- 3-5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 to 2 lbs flank steak sliced in half lengthwise (along the grain) and then cut into thin strips, 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide
- 2 bell peppers red, yelllow or orange
- 1 zucchini squash sliced
- 1 pkg fresh Snow peas
- 4 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 6 tablespoons of water
- Rice for serving
- Prepare the All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce by combining the ingredients in a small dish, and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsps of oil to the pan and stir fry the beef strips, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes until browned but still pink inside. Return the first batch of beef to the pan and add the vegetables. Stir and toss over high heat until just beginning to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
- Quickly stir the cornstarch liquid and add it to the pan along with the stir fry sauce. Cook until sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes. , toss to evenly coat and serve with steamed white or brown rice