Instead of rice, I decided to try it as burrito filling. I filled tortillas and added some grated cheese to each one.
Placed them in a greased baking dish and warmed in the oven.
Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken Recipe: adapted from Rebekah’s Family Food and Fun
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen or fresh
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn (or use a 15 oz. can of corn, drained)
- 1 (16 oz) jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, reduced fat is fine
- Cooked rice or tortillas, for serving
- Taco sauce, shredded cheese, lettuce etc
- Place chicken breasts in the crock-pot.
- Add beans, corn, and salsa.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the chicken is cooked. Times may vary depending on how hot your crock-pot gets.
- Once the chicken will shred easily, remove it and shred completely. Return to crock-pot.
- Cut up cream cheese and place over the top of the chicken. Let it sit for about half an hour. It may look strange, don’t worry! Stir in the cream cheese until it is well combined.
- Serve over cooked rice or in tortillas.
- To make burritos, add about 1/4 cup of filling into each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and fold.
- Add to a greased baking pan and bake at 350 until warmed, 15 mins.
- Add some condiments to the burritos and serve.