Tis the season to pull out your slow cooker and get those comfort foods ready at the end of a long day. I use my crock pot in the summer but rarely.
There is nothing simpler than this super delicious and easy slow cooker pulled Chicken recipe. I even used half thawed chicken breasts because they did not thaw completely overnight. This is a great recipe that you can double or just add more chicken and share it with another family
SLOW COOKER PULLED CHICKEN
I never like taking pictures of raw meat, so here is the chicken ready to be shredded. I only added about 4 ingredients and this recipe is a keeper.
WHAT TYPE OF CHICKEN SHOULD I USE TO MAKE PULLED CROCK POT SANDWICHES?
What is so lovely about this recipe is that you can use frozen or defrosted chicken breasts. Make sure they are boneless and skinless.
WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO SHRED CHICKEN?
Have you tried this trick for shredding your chicken? OMG it makes it super easy and you can do this one right in the slow cooker pot since you want to blend the juices with the meat. Just take out about a cup of the liquid to serve with the sandwiches.
Look how perfect this slow cooker pulled chicken is!
HOW SHOULD I SERVE PULLED CHICKEN?
Top each sandwich with a dollop of cole slaw and any additional sauce for a quick and easy dinner everyone will enjoy.
Delicious and Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Recipe
- 2½ - 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts, can be frozen
- 1 16 oz bottle BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar, add more if it's a spicier Bbq Sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Pour half the bottle BBQ sauce into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the boneless chicken breasts.
- Pour the remaining bbq sauce over the chicken.
- Add seasonings and brown sugar.
- Coat all the chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When the chicken is done cooking reserve a cup of the bbq sauce.
- Use a fork or a hand mixer to pull the chicken apart. If you take the chicken out stir the pulled chicken and bbq sauce together in the crock pot otherwise use the hand mixer in the crock pot with all the juices.
- Serve on buns or as a main entree
- Serve the reserved bbq sauce on the side.
You can double this recipe too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 581Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 145mgSodium 984mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 1gSugar 40gProtein 58g
Be sure to check out all these other amazing slow cooker recipes from amazing food bloggers!
[inlinkz_linkup id=674980 mode=1]