Easy Chicken Recipe Crock Pot Rotisserie-style Chicken is just as good as any rotisserie chicken you pick up at your grocery store. I love the 2nd Monday of the month when it is once again it is time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal. So fun to go through other food blogs and find a recipe to try. Even more exciting is to see what others thought was an interesting recipe to try off my blog. It is not revealed until today so here we go!
For those of you new to this club concept, each month each blogger is assigned another blog and secretly find a recipe post that we would like to try, finally to reveal our experience with their recipe.
This month’s assignment was CMOMCook. Shelly is the owner of the blog and loves to cook and share recipes that her family enjoys. Be sure and check out her blog for family friendly and easy weeknight dinners.
Speaking of easy weeknight dinners, I could not resist this low maintenance, little preparation but big wow factor Crock pot Rotisserie style chicken recipe Shelly has on her blog. I am all about easy prep and little effort dishes on busy weeknight. Keep the fancy stuff for the weekends. Easy Dinner recipes are a top priority in our house.
I used an Organic Chicken so the cost was higher than a traditional Rotisserie chicken for the market but I also got to control the seasonings and limit the amount of salt and unnatural flavorings that could have been added in a pre-made chicken.
It is as simple as mixing your spices
Lining your crock pot
Rubbing your chicken inside and out–Be sure to clean your hands before and after.
Starting the crock pot
Slicing and eating. It was so moist the meat truly fell off the bone. I added some sautéed vegetables and dinner was served!! Love this great easy chicken recipe for an easy and healthy dinner!
Be sure and check out the other great recipes from Group B today in the linky below.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3.5-4 lbs)
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder or 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of your ingredients in a small bowl and stir in water by the teaspoon until a paste forms. Or, as I did, you can combine the garlic cloves and spices in a mini blender and blend everything together, adding water to achieve the right consistency.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner and place the chicken in, breast side up.
- Coat the chicken inside and out with the paste. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3.5-4.5 hours. Make sure the thickest part of the thigh registers at 180 degrees.
- use a crock pot liner for easy clean up