Easy Entertaining with Ina Garten make ahead appetizersMake Ahead Appetizers for you Bunco Nights. Well I could not post the other recipes I was doing ahead for Tuesday’s Bunco night because they had to be baked the evening of Bunco.
However now, I thought I would share with you the recipes of two great appetizers that you can start the day before and just bake and assemble before serving.
Our Favorite Make Ahead Appetizer
My favorite go to dip is Spinach Dip Ole from Virginia Fare. It is a substantial dip that even guys will enjoy. Often referred to as a “man dip” and with a few modifications of ingredients it can be less fattening for the ladies!!
Also if you have any leftovers, you can put it back in the fridge and heat up a small serving the the microwave for a tasty snack.
No Fuss Entertaining With Ina Garten Make Ahead Appetizers
Spinach Dip Ole’
- 1 10oz pkg of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa (med or hot)
- 1 (41/2 oz) can black olives, drained and sliced (I just buy the pre sliced)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese-room temperature (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack Cheese (or any cheddar blend you have on hand)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
The night before:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. I use a hand mixer.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Place into fridge covered with foil.
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Take dip out of the fridge and sit out for 30 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for approx. 35 minutes until bubbly and top is brown. Serve with tortilla chips.
The Next Make Ahead Appetizers I used the cut up peppers from Trader Joes and sautéed them the day before and put them in the fridge.
The next day I took them out 1 hr before serving and heated them slightly in the microwave.
I assembled the bruschetta right before the girls arrived and let them sit out until I put them in the oven when the first guests were getting their drinks.
To get the Ina Garten Make Ahead recipe click here: Bruschetta with peppers and gorgonzola
Just replace the 4 bell peppers in the recipe for the bag of sliced bell peppers from Trader Joes.
Here were a few touches I use when I host Bunco. Dollar store “car dice” and dice beads on earring loops can make an inexpensive yet thoughtful touch to your girls night. Now don’t fret next time it’s your turn to host your girlfriends, and choose these No Fuss Entertaining Make Ahead Appetizers.