I am the first to admit I don’t mind grabbing a glass of wine and stirring a pot of risotto over the stove for dinner. Mixing and matching flavors of the night.
However, when I saw this “baked” risotto from Barefoot Contessa and realized my life in the kitchen is changed forever.
This Super easy Ina Garten risotto recipe is sure a new go-to in your family. You will be pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this version of parmesan risotto in half the time of your traditional risotto recipes.
Don’t get me wrong, there is definitely something satisfying about making risotto on top of the stove, InaGarten Spring risotto is one example.
BAKED RISOTTO RECIPE
It was a hectic night and at the last minute, I was thinking of a side dish. Fortunately, I had all the ingredients I needed at home. Now I know why the word risotto is in quotes because it tastes similar but fewer steps!!
This sort of reminds me of the Sheet Pan Dinner Craze. Loving the idea of everything in one dish and thrown in the oven.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE BAKED RISOTTO
- Chicken Stock (boxed is fine)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Frozen Peas
- Wine (optional)
Wow, just heat up some chicken stock, boxed of course, and put it all in a Le Creuset or other Dutch Oven--I have a Martha Stewart One that I bought at Macy’s on sale.
Place it in the oven and sit back and relax.
Wow 45 minutes later with no work or standing you have a great tasting side dish or meal. I am going to explore using other recipes to adapt to the flavors.
You can also add extra veggies to this easy risotto recipe like peas or cooked vegetables.
Try it tonight. Barefoot Contessa does not disappoint even on this short cut risotto recipe.
Easy Ina Garten Risotto Recipe
Easy Parmesan Risotto
Easy Baked Parmesan Risotto. No stirring needed for this oven baked risotto
- 1.5 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups simmering chicken stock, preferably homemade, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt and pepper, and stir vigorously for two to three minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy.
- Add the peas and stir until heated through. Serve hot.
- Serving Size
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 36mgSodium 1467mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 13g
Have you ever made a baked risotto recipe before? What would you add to this easy risotto recipe?