How to Easily Freeze Cookie Dough Post Updated 1/11/17 with new photos and tips.
Today the kids were begging for cookies. I really did not feel like having 5 dozen baked cookies around the house. We prepared my Grandmother’ s recipe for Oatmeal Raisin chocolate chip cookies which makes a lot more cookies than we need. Be prepared for further cookie cravings by learning How to Easily Freeze Cookie Dough To Easy to Bake Servings. If you use an ice cream scoop– to get same sized cookies. I used the smaller kind for this recipe but if you want bigger cookies they have bigger scoops.
How to Easily Freeze Cookie Dough To Easy to Bake Servings.
- Make The Cookie Dough Recipe as Written
- Place them on parchment lined cookie sheet
- Freeze until solid
- Place frozen cookie balls in a freezer bag labeled with baking directions
- Bake and enjoy!
To satisfy my kids cookie craving, we baked a dozen to enjoy today and scooped the remainder on another cookie sheet. You can then place the cookie sheet directly into your freezer
Once they are frozen solid, I happen to forget about them until the next morning, and then place them into a freezer ziploc bag.
Grandma’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour-sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats, quick or old fashioned
- 1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. and then add sugars. until light and fluffy
- Blend in eggs and vanilla
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt
- Add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins
- Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375’ oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 58mgSodium 205mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.