I was provided promotional material to share this gluten free dessert recipe but all opinions are 100% my own.
Van’s Simply Delicious line of Gluten-free Products are hitting the markets and there are so many varieties for those who need a gluten-free diet or at least want to reduce the amount of gluten they consume. We were asked to try some of Van’s Gluten Free Granola bites and well as some of their new Whole Grain Pasta boxes. I thought I would try their Gluten-free dessert a Peach and Blueberry Crisp since we already are big fans of crisps.
What I like about crisps in general is that you can use frozen fruits so you can enjoy them all year round. We only had frozen blueberries and Raspberries when I made this but be creative that is the best part of fruit crisp recipes.
The crisp part does have a lot of ingredients, especially since you are starting with a Granola but well worth the work, especially if a gluten-free dessert is a must have.
The Crisp is best made in a food processor I love my Cuisinart but there are less expensive ones on the market.
The Soft-Baked Whole Grain Granola Clusters retail for $4.99 and have 12 grams of nutrient dense whole grains per serving. They are more of a large cluster than individual ones, maybe that happened in shipping but I just pulled them apart for eating.
Look at all that goodness added to the already flavorful Gluten-free granola. Now give it a whirl in the food processor.
After placing your mixed fruit in your pie dish, let it sit there for a few minutes before adding the topping.
Then you can cover it completely with the gluten-free topping and you have yourself a great gluten-free dessert idea. Love the blueberries peaking out from the granola.
It was cooked too late so I did not get a photo of the final version,but it was eaten in less than a day. A great and healthy dessert option especially for those trying to eat gluten free.
Don’t forget to look out for the gluten free pastas that are new to the market too.
I made half this recipe and made it in a pie plate, enough for my family of 5.
- 3- 10 oz bags frozen fruit (you create the mixture)
- 1 TBS Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- CRISP:1 (11 oz) bag Van's Gluten Free Granoloa Blueberry Walnut
- 1/2 cup almond meal (if you don't care about gluten free use AP flour)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x13 dish or a 9 inch pie plate if making a 1/2 recipe with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine fruit, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon & Nutmeg set aside. ( i did this in the dish I was baking the crisp in)
- Add granola to food processor and pulse until granola is broken up. Add rest of the ingredients and pulse until it looks like coarse crumbs (see picture above)
- Top fruit with granola mixture and bake for 30-45 minutes depending of size of pan or until fruit is bubbling and top is golden brown. Serve with Ice cream or whipping cream.
What is your favorite Gluten Free Desserts?