Here is another recipe adapted from Kitchen 101, a cookbook of healthy and easy recipes. I seem to go there often for new recipes, especially around the holidays when most everything else is unhealthy!! I purchased a bag of the Holiday Oreos and needed something fun to make.
So far the ingredients seem harmless and what could it possibly make?
Filling each cupcake with a ice cream scoops works great.
They are pretty like this but I think I will serve them out of their cups for better effect…
Don’t you think they are more festive this way?
Loved this pic of them turned over still in the wrapper. Almost like the snowman is waving to me, LET ME OUT LET ME OUT!!
How else would you like to use these Oreos? Outside of in a cup of milk!
Mini Cookies and Cream Holiday Cheesecakes: Makes 20 cupcakes
- 20 cream filled sandwich cookies, whole
- 6 cream filled cookies, crushed
- 1 lb cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c sour cream or nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 275
- Line muffin tins with liners, and place one whole cookie on the bottom of each.
- Beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth, add the sugar, vanilla.
- Slowly add the eggs, sour cream and salt.
- Fold in the chopped cookies by hand.
- Fill each muffin with the batter, filling almost to the top. I found using a ice cream scoop was easy and mess free (for the most part)
- Bake 22 minutes, allow to cool and place in the fridge several hours or overnight before serving