This shop about a great Father’s Day Gift Idea of Homemade BBQ sauce for Ribs has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HogWildThrowdown #CollectiveBias
When did Dads get the “Grill Master” tittle? I know I do about 60% of the grilling at our house, especially during the week when dad is not around to help. I know my husband likes it when we entertain and grilling is on the menu. He always seems to find one other dad to stand outside with him to escape the other duties in the house. (Assuming it is not raining). So why not make a batch of home made BBQ sauce to slather on these super easy ribs recipe. Ribs can be intimidating to make, at least I thought so before I knew you could bake them ahead of time, then when you are ready to serve, plop them on the grill for the final steps. Ribs are now something we don’t have to order out anymore . What is great about this rib recipe is that you can bring them along to picnics or even camping since they are pre baked and finished off on site. Don’t forget to take along a bottle of this Homemade BBQ Sauce for ribs labeled for the perfect Father’s Day Gift.
Did you know there are several different types of Ribs? I had no idea until I brought the wrong kind home for my husband to cook the first time we ever made them at home. The folks at Smithfield are known for their pork products and they make several varieties including the Extra Tender Back Ribs we used in this recipe. Smithfield Ribs are not filled with added hormones or steroids and they are hand-trimmed making them extra tender and juicy. No matter your level of expertise, you can grill great ribs that everyone will enjoy.
Our homemade BBQ Sauce is tomato based and full of spices and cooked quickly on the stove top before you start to bake your ribs.
We bottled up our batch and made these fun stickers to give as gift this Father’s Day. Edible gifts the whole family will enjoy are the perfect Father’s Day Gifts.
After the ribs bake for 2 hours, you can allow them to cool and place in fridge or bring them outside to finish off on the grill for immediate consumption.
I think I need a table out by the fire pit for future grilling moments!
Carefully place your ribs on the grill after the coals have turned grey.
Slather on some more of your homemade BBQ sauce for Ribs and flip.
Get both sides lathered up with your BBQ sauce.
I think they are done. Just the right amount of sauce and gilled crispiness. I am not sure the kids can wait any longer.
These ribs were so tender they were falling off the bone. Want a bite?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”BBQ Tools”]
Have I convinced you to go to Walmart and pick up some Smithfield Ribs? No matter how experienced of a grill master you might be you can enter the Hog Wild Smithfield Throwdown Contest.
Homemade BBQ Sauce and Grilled Ribs Recipe
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon pepper
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slabs of Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs
- For Sauce
- Simmer all the ingredients in a large saucepan on low heat for 45-60 minutes. Until the sauce thickens.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- FOR RIBS
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place several sheets of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. Place the ribs meat side up on top.
- Season with 2 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Pepper
- Spread a generous amount of BBQ sauce on the ribs. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 1 3/4 to 2 hours hours
- Spread more BBQ sauce on top.
- Grill for 5 minutes per side, watching carefully not to burn. Grill first Rib side down then meat side down.
- Cover with Aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes
- Put on a serving platter and serve with additional sauce
- Prizes include (2) Ford F-150’s.
- the Hog Wild Throwdown contest is for both amateur and pro grillers. Celebrity grill talent Moe Cason and Tuffy Stone are brand ambassadors for this event. Smithfield likes them so much they have partnered with them for the last 2 years to share their excitement and their message around the Smithfield quality of meat, Walmart and ease of grilling ribs. Now it is your turn to Go HOG WILD and Throwdown some Ribs on the grill.
What type of BBQ Sauce do you like to eat with ribs?