When the kids were little I used the Wood Clementine crates for fine motor skills activity. You know stick straws, un-sharpened pencils etc into the holes. Now that my kids are older they usually just go into the trash. I found this one laying around the house holding some dog toys. Too useful for that. A little ribbon and you have the perfect gift idea for neighbors, friends, teachers or grandparents.
Using this sized crate, I used 2 1/2 inch ribbon and hot glued it along the crate. Used a contrasting ribbon, because I had some, and created a box and hot glued it onto the ribbon. Easy enough right?
- Cocoa–Homemade or purchased. You can add a bunch DIY Cocoa Cones as the gift.
- Marshallows-fill a mason jar and add a piece of fabric for decoration
- Candy Canes or chocolate covered spoons
- Mugs or disposable hot/cold cups
- Flavorings for the coffees/ hot cocoas (we love Torani syrups)
- Extras like chocolate chips, crushed up peppermint, teas and coffees.
Here is one that is packed and off as a gift. Added chocolate covered candy canes and spoons.
We plan on keeping this one out all year by the coffee maker so I can add some yummy goodness to my coffee each morning. Anything helps! What would you add to your hot cocoa bar?