How to Make Homemade Hot Cocoa Cones:
The Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 cups Powdered milk–found in any grocery store
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- dash of salt
DIY Hot Cocoa Cones
Mix all ingredients well in a bowl–I used a whisk.
For each cocoa cone you will need:
- 2 cone shaped baggies–can use cake piping or decorating bags
- 1/2 cup of cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or crushed candy canes. We used the holiday green mint chips.
- 1/4 cup or more of mini marshmallows
- mashed up candy cane- optional
You can make two separate compartments to preserve toppings or just put everything in one cone shaped bag.
If using two baggies, place one cone baggie into a tall cup or just roll down half of the baggie. Add the cocoa mix and tie with the twist tie.
Cut off the excess bag on top and then add to the other baggie.
Here we just added everything to one baggie. Top off with chocolate chips and marshmallows. This way is a little messier.
Twist tightly and use a cute ribbon to close off.
Make sure and make a tag with the directions. Feel free to use this DIY Hot Cocoa Cones & Free Printable
Printable DIRECTIONS FOR THE CONES:
Add 4 tbs cocoa mix to 8 ounces of hot water.
Mix and add toppings as desired. You can also adorn the package with a candy cane.
The mix can get messy but your kids are going to love adding the toppings to the “ice cream cones”. Just be sure you have the right clean up tools on hand. I have a stock pile of Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge & Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge on hand for easy holiday clean up. If you have the right tools on at home, cleaning up holiday crafts and recipes is a breeze like these blogger ideas.
There are so many uses for these sponges and they are safe to use on so many different surfaces. I needed to clean off they plywood board I photograph on. These sponges worked great.
I had some wax from another project and you can use the scrub side to get up stuck on gunk.
- Clean Tough Messes 50% Faster.
- Removes tough, baked-on messes 50% faster than other competitive sponges.
- Great for the kitchen, garage and outdoors.
- Use on: Pots, Pans, Oven Racks, Grill Racks, Tools, Tires, Sinks
- Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge (Blue)
- Safely Clean Non-Stick Cookware.
- Clean without scratching.
- Use on: Non-Stick Cookware, Counter Tops, Cook Tops, Tubs, Shower Tile, Windows, Dishes
Save $1 on any two Scotch-Brite Products (Scrub Sponges, Lint Rollers and Scrubbing Dish Cloths)
For an extra special treat, put these into a festive mug with some cookies or make a fun holiday container to gift or display multiple hot cocoa cones.
You can also do these into a jar that you have saved. Either way, the gift recipient will welcome this warm drink mix on a cold winter’s day.
We found all that we needed for this project at Walmart.
What is your favorite homemade gift to give for the holidays?
Here are our Valentines Printable for these awesome Cocoa Cones!! DOWNLOAD THEM HERE: Valentines Printable for these awesome Cocoa Cones!!