How to Make Homemade Hot Cocoa Cones:
The Hot Cocoa Mix
- Powdered milk–found in any grocery store
- Cocoa powder
DIY Hot Cocoa Cones
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX
Mix all ingredients well in a bowl–I used a whisk.
For each cocoa cone you will need:
- 2 cone shaped baggies–can use cake piping or decorating bags
- 1/2 cup of cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or crushed candy canes. We used the holiday green mint chips.
- 1/4 cup or more of mini marshmallows
- mashed up candy cane- optional
You can make two separate compartments to preserve toppings or just put everything in one cone shaped bag.
If using two baggies, place one cone baggie into a tall cup or just roll down half of the baggie. Add the cocoa mix and tie with the twist tie.
Cut off the excess bag on top and then add to the other baggie.
Here we just added everything to one baggie. Top off with chocolate chips and marshmallows. This way is a little messier.
Twist tightly and use a cute ribbon to close off.
Make sure and make a tag with the directions. Feel free to use this DIY Hot Cocoa Cones & Free Printable
Printable DIRECTIONS FOR THE CONES:
Add 4 tbs cocoa mix to 8 ounces of hot water.
Mix and add toppings as desired. You can also adorn the package with a candy cane.
The mix can get messy but your kids are going to love adding the toppings to the “ice cream cones”. Just be sure you have the right to clean up tools on hand.
If you have the right tools on at home, cleaning up holiday crafts and rec
ipes is a breeze like these Cookie Exchange Ideas.
There are so many uses for these sponges and they are safe to use on so many different surfaces. I needed to clean off they plywood board I photograph on. These sponges worked great.
I had some wax from another project and you can use the scrub side to get up stuck on gunk.
Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge (Green)
- Clean Tough Messes 50% Faster.
- Removes tough, baked-on messes 50% faster than other competitive sponges.
- Great for the kitchen, garage and outdoors.
- Use on: Pots, Pans, Oven Racks, Grill Racks, Tools, Tires, Sinks
- Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge (Blue)
- Safely Clean Non-Stick Cookware.
- Clean without scratching.
- Use on: Non-Stick Cookware, Counter Tops, Cook Tops, Tubs, Shower Tile, Windows, Dishes
For an extra special treat, put these into a festive mug with some cookies or make a fun holiday container to gift or display multiple hot cocoa cones.
You can also do these into a jar that you have saved. Either way, the gift recipient will welcome this warm drink mix on a cold winter’s day.
We found all that we needed for this project at Walmart.
What about a Cocoa Cone for Valentines Day Printable?
Here are our Valentines Printable for these awesome Cocoa Cones!! DOWNLOAD THEM HERE: Valentines Printable for these awesome Cocoa Cones!!
What is your favorite homemade gift to give for the holidays?
DIY Hot Cocoa Cones & Free Printable for Christmas and Valentines
Make homemade hot cocoa cones for Christmas or Valentines Day Gifts
- HOT COCOA MIX
- 3 cups Powdered milk--found in any grocery store
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- TO MAKE CONES:
- 2 cone shaped baggies--can use cake piping or decorating bags
- * 1/2 cup of cocoa mix
- * 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or crushed candy canes. We used the holiday green mint chips.
- * 1/4 cup or more of mini marshmallows
- * mashed up candy cane- optional
- Mix together the hot cocoa mixture ingredients
- You can make two separate compartments to preserve toppings or just put everything in one cone shaped bag.
- If using two baggies, place one cone baggie into a tall cup or just roll down half of the baggie. Add the cocoa mix and tie with the twist tie.
- Cut off the excess bag on top and then add to the other baggie.
- Otherwise add 1/2 cup of cocoa mix to piping bag.
- Add desired mix in and tie off the top and add the free printable.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
here is the page you will find them. Just click on the printable wording. Sorry it was difficult for youhttps://stayingclosetohome.com/hot-cocoa-cones/hotcocoacones-2/
I copied the recipe for Hot Cocoa cones but couldn’t find where the printable label for it. VERY FRUSTRATING!
This is absolutely a cute idea and I want this as a gift. Glad you share this with us.
These would make a great Christmas gift for the many relatives I have that I can not always buy or. My kiddos would enjoy finding them in their stockings, as well.
That is such a cute idea! I love this for teacher and other gifts. It would be fun to make these for a party as a favor and hang them all on a small tree for guests to take home! #client
What a super yummy treat idea with easy cleanup! That’s great, I think I will make some of these hot cocoa cones for Christmas gifts!
What adorable gift ideas! I need to make these for teacher gifts – like how easy they are.
The Candy Cane Soup/cones are such a great way to give something small but sweet to teachers or neighbors or friends. I love how easy it is to put these together.
These are such a cute idea for teacher’s gifts!
Omg how cute are these cones?!?! I bet my daughter would love to make these with me!!!!
Homemade gifts are the best IMO. They are thoughtful and you know the giver took time to make them for you! This is a great idea. I usually stick to cookies and cupcakes but I’m thinking this might be it this year. Time to change things up 🙂