Holiday gift giving can get overwhelming as your list grows and grows. Find it helpful to have a few gifts on hand. Some homemade gifts like baked breads can be frozen ahead of time. Making gift in a jar is also another great way to have some gifts on hand. These marinated cheese and olives can serve double duty. They will stay for 2 weeks in the fridge and can be accessible for gift giving or an impromptu appetizer. Everyone loves a gift in a jar, and the gift giver already has their container. A win win.
We always have a jar of olives on hand for salads and dinner recipes. You can transform that ordinary jar of olives into something extraordinary will little effort.
Combine your olives of choice, I am using Kalamata and green olives, and cubed cheese. ( I went with fresh Mozzarella).
Allow them to marinate overnight and spoon them into individual jars.
Top them off with additional rosemary and Italian Dressing.
Have some cute tags on hand to add them to a jar for gift giving. Gifts in a jar waiting in your fridge.
Or dump the marinated olives and cheese appetizer in a decorative bowl with some toothpicks for a quick and delicious appetizer ideas.
Don’t forget to enter the The Holiday Memories Sweepstakes
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus a Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Expires: December 31
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks”
Marinated Olives and Cheese Gift in A Jar
- 16 oz block Mozzarella Cheese cubed
- 1/2 12-ounce jar Kalamata olives, drained
- 1/2 12 ounce Jar of Garlic Olives
- 1 16-ounce bottle of oil & vinegar or Italian salad dressing
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except rosemary. Be sure to include 4 or 5 garlic cloves from the jar.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
Divide cheese and olive mixture between glass jars (such as pint-sized Mason jars). Place a sprig of rosemary in each jar and pour remaining dressing into jars, dividing evenly.
Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks. If gift giving be sure to write on the card : eat before....