This shop about Hot Cocoa Pound Cake Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YourSeasonIsServed #CollectiveBias
The holidays are upon us and we start baking up a storm. We also bake for our neighbors and hand out holiday gifts each year. I thought that this year I would adapt my Grandmother’s Famous Pound Cake recipe into a fun holiday version. When the weather turns we love hot cocoa so why not bake up a few mini loaves of Hot Cocoa Pound Cake for a fun treat. There is a lot of dessert being passed around the holidays. There is something so fun about baking these hot cocoa pound cakes in mini tins for sharing.
Obviously if you are not giving this pound cake as a gift, you can bake the recipe in a 9×3 loaf pan and just adjust the bake time.
The hot cocoa pound cake recipe begins with all the traditional ingredients of a pound cake, butter, sugar and cake flour. By adding 4 packets of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate into the batter you have taken the recipe into a new dimension.
Just look at the cocoa color.
This recipe filled four mini loaf pans and can easily be doubled. In fact, I halved the original recipe of my grandmothers.
Once they are completely cooled you can make a yummy chocolate glaze where I added a little more Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate.
Drizzle the glaze on top of the pound cake and top with a few mini marshmallows for a great hot cocoa pound cake presentation.
We wrapped our pound cake up and added a little wooden spoon as a name tag to give as gifts.
Of course we had to try the hot cocoa pound cake before we gave them away. Be sure to top each slice with a dollop of Reddi-Wip®. Did you know that Reddi-Wip® is made from Real Cream and it’s just about as fun to top desserts with it as it is to eat it.
Hot Cocoa Pound Cake Recipe
Pie season is upon us. Be sure you take advantage of this deal.
Receive a FREE Reddi-wip® (6.5 oz) when you buy one Marie Callender’s Fruit or Cream Pie (11/16-11/24). Find your Kroger Coupon. Discount automatically applied at register with qualifying purchase. Must use shopper card with purchase. Participating locations only. Offer expires 11/24/16. See store for additional details. Limit 1 per transaction
Find Marie Callender’s Dessert Pies and Reddi-wip® products in a Kroger or Kroger banner store near you. Kroger banners include Dillons, King Soopers, Frys, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Food 4 Less, QFC, Smiths, and Harris Teeter. Find a store near you:
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 c. Sifted Cake Flour
- 1/3 tsp. Mace
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Packets Swiss Miss Cocoa, Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips 1 Cup heavy cream for glaze
- Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the (4) mini cake pans generously with butter.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs with mixer. In separate bowl sift flour, salt, hot cocoa and mace.
- Mix milk and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk mixture to mixer a little at a time until finished.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Then lower oven to 325 degrees and bake
- for about 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When completely cooled, melt the chips into warmed cream. Allow to cool and thicken slightly.
- Pour over pound cake and sprinkle with mini marshmallows if desired.
Recipe can be doubled and as well as made in a regular sized loaf pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/2 loaf
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596 Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 123mg Sodium: 308mg Carbohydrates: 81g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 38g Protein: 9g
To whom will you be giving this hot cocoa pound cake recipe?