This post about how to reduce stress during the holidays was sponsored by Massage Envy as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
As if the start to school is not stressful enough with carpools, kids school activities, the holidays quickly sneak upon us. I remember the first week the kids were back at school I was attending classes at the gym and announced I was finally taking care of myself. Well, unfortunately other commitments got in the way of my schedule and I was going to fewer and fewer classes. My body and mind feel it when I stop taking care of myself and I truly believe my kids feel it too. The holidays pose similar obstacles in my attempt to take care of my body. Let’s learn how to reduce stress during the holidays.
5 TIPS TO REDUCE STRESS OVER THE HOLIDAYS
- Make lists and have the satisfaction of crossing things off
- Take 30 minutes a day to mediate, exercise or read a book.
- Create a calendar of events that is visible to the whole family and be sure to look at it before agreeing to another volunteer position
- Learn to say no. I know you are generous with your time, but your body needs a mental break too. It’s the holidays and it will pass you if you don’t take a moment to sit by the tree instead of making 3 dozen cookies for a school party.
- Get a massage. Yes ladies put yourself first and take care of your body.
I know you probably feel selfish this time of year, but your family and your body will benefit from a massage during the holidays. Have you ever been to a Massage Envy? There are a few in my town and I love that they believe total body care is an integral part of everyone’s wellness journey, and is dedicated to helping their members and guests achieve this.
What is Total Body Care?
Total Body Care is where we pause during the daily grind to check-in and tune up. Not just getting to the gym or eating right. It is about the whole package ladies. Taking care of yourself shouldn’t be a luxury but a necessity. Massage Envy is a a leader in providing accessible massage and skin care services.
Benefits of Massage per Massageenvy.com:
- Relieves stress
- Encourages relaxation
- Helps manage pain
- Relaxes muscles
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
The holidays are filled with just #BecauseMoments and take the time out for yourself to head to a Massage Envy for some stress relief. You know just visiting family is a reason, especially if you fly.