Thanks to Husqvarna Automower for providing us with a product to test.
We tested the Husqvarna Automower for three months. It was not a seamless transition but overall we were impressed. If you have been following our journey on Facebook or Instagram you probably already know a little bit about our experience.
Initial Thoughts of the Husqvarna Automower
The installer was professional and very helpful as we charted our yard to see what areas would really work. Our yard is not a flat rectangle but filled with garden beds and slopes.
We had to adjust the lines to avoid some of the steeper areas of our lawn and had to add all-terrain tires to help with the slope.
After a few weeks of the automower learning our yard, the alerts were fewer and far between. The robotic mower can work around the clock to deliver a well-kept lawn in every yard – despite bad weather, complex shapes, steep slopes, narrow passages, and other obstacles.
It took Husqvarna more than 20 years of innovation, testing, and refinement. Since 1995 we have been developing the original Husqvarna Automower® into the most proven, reliable and extensive robotic mower range available.
What you can do with the Automower App
- Control your device from anywhere, even a different state.
- Schedule the mower from your device with a few clicks.
- Receive security alerts and monitoring the mower in action.
What we liked about the Automower
- The quiet performance so it can run all day and night without bothering your neighbor
- If the mower suspects it is getting picked up/ stolen an alarm will go off
- Easy to change the blades for a smooth cut
- We were able to travel this summer and not come home to an unkept lawn
- Rain, shine or 100% humidity the lawn was cut, no excuses from kids.
- The Charging Station is outdoors so not taking up any garage space.
- Find other things to do while the Husqvarna Automower does all the work
Things to Consider Before Buying
- Is your lawn a good fit. Be sure to have an installer come out to the house if you are at all concerned
- Do you have a lot of leaves drop? We were told the automower could not handle the number of leaves we have in the fall.
- There is a lot of wiring placed in your yard, make sure you know where it is for aeration time.
- If it has to cross a driveaway, it can get run over!!