This shop about low fat pound cake recipe has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. My family does not drink a lot of soda but over the holidays we buy some as a special treat, especially when a pound cake recipe calls for 7 UP. While shopping at Kroger for the ingredients for the pound cake I noticed the different TEN products and thought what a great way to lighten up this pound cake recipe and give the kids a little extra sugar at their soda bar.
I went ahead and bought some Sunkist Ten, 7UP Ten, Dr Pepper TEN and Canada Dry TEN for our holiday parties. When I started gathering the ingredients at home for the 7UP pound cake I thought I would mix things up and make it a more citrus pound cake by adding Sunkist Ten as well.
Instead of mixing the flavors all together, I thought I would make 2 layers, one lemon lime and the other orange.
Once baked it was hard to get a great picture of the swirled pound cake but there was a slight difference. Low Fat Pound Cake Recipe using Sunkist and 7UP Ten
The pound cake was a success too, it only lasted 2 days in our house. My son and renamed this pound cake SUNUP cake.
The flavors did not end with the pound cake batter itself. I made a 7UP Ten glaze as well as a Sunkist Ten Glaze that really set the flavors for this cake.
This was a very moist pound cake and was the perfect snack with a warm cup of coffee.
Don’t you want a slice of this Low Fat Pound Cake Recipe using Sunkist and 7UP Ten right now?
Now what about the soda bar for the kids on Thanksgiving? I thought it would be fun for them to have a little fun with their drinks and since they were not full strength sugar they can have more than one glass.
Be sure to set out plastic glasses and sharpies so they can write their names on their cups. A must with kids who have the tendency to take a sip and then get a new glass.
Also set out some fun straws there are so many on the market now.
Be sure to have your fridge stocked with extra food and drinks around the holidays you might not know who might stop by and don’t forget to #drinkTen.
SUNUP low fat Pound Cake Recipe
- Makes one 10″ Bundt cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, 3 sticks, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour unbleached flour)
- 1/2 cup 7–UP Ten
- 1/2 cup Sunkist Ten
- Sunkist Ten and 7UP Ten Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup powdered, confectioner’s sugar
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons soda
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Grease or spray a 10″ bundt or tube pan; set aside I made this in 2 batches to get the swirled affect.
- In large bowl, cream 1/2 the butter and sugar, blending well. Add in 2 1/2 eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 1/2 extract.
- Add 1/2 flour to the butter mixture, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add 7–UP, about a half or third at a time, blending well after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan and make 2nd half of batter using Sunkist Ten.
- Bake at 325˚F for 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be sure to check on it as soon as you can smell it.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes . Invert pan to remove cake and cool completely on wire rack.
- While cake is cooling, make the glazes
- For Glaze
- Mix ingredients to a thick paste. Pour onto cake and allow to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 812Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 169mgSodium 245mgCarbohydrates 121gFiber 1gSugar 67gProtein 9g