You never really know how your kids taste buds will change but my 16 years old requested this recipe again after we first made the S’ mores Pudding Cake back in 2016. We adapted this recipe from a children’s cookbook and my 13 yr-old made it this time, under my supervision.
School might have started, and you think you can’t enjoy the yummy flavor of a s’more over a fire pit any longer. No worries, my 10-year-old made this s’mores pudding cake recipe recently and we were all hooked. We still have another week before school starts for him.
Although he would like to just watch TV all week, while I work, that is to going to cut it. I told him to grab one of the kids cookbooks and pick something to learn to cook. Well make, in this case since this is a no bake pudding cake that anyone that can read can make. Now that we have this recipe in the bag, we are ordering what other combinations we could make using the same recipe as a guide…
I am so proud of my 13-year-old that he was willing to still help his mom in the kitchen. We are true believers that boys and girls, should all learn their way around a kitchen.
No matter what the age, kids like to smash things. Turning Graham Crackers into crumbs was the highlight of this dessert making experience.
This was the hardest part, spreading the pudding over the marshmallows and fudge sauce. It’s really to hard people, so now you get where I am coming from.
S’mores Pudding Cake Recipe
What you need to make a No-bake Pudding Cake
- Graham Crackers
- Cool Whip Topping
- Fudge Sauce
We opted not to add more marshmallows on top per the recipe, I did not think cold marshmallows would be any good and they would get hard too.
HOW LONG SHOULD A PUDDING CAKE SET BEFORE WE EAT IT?
It is best to allow this to sit overnight but my son could not hold himself back. Since we were eating the dessert in a few hours, we put the dish in the freezer for a few hours to set up.
Personally, I liked it frozen. It tasted like an ice cream cake. It also cuts into neater squares when super cold.
This is a rich chocolate pudding dessert that has all the flavors of a s’more, just not hot. My son was so proud of his accomplishment and really that is what cooking in the kitchen is about.
I hope to see more recipes coming out of him soon. Don’t forget to check out our yummy S’mores Pudding Cups too. They are perfect for a party.
No-Bake S’mores Pudding Cake Recipe
No Bake S'Mores Pudding Cake
A no bake s'mores pudding dessert is a great no bake summer dessert recipe
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 18 Graham Cracker squares
- 1/3/ cup of sugar
- 1 12 oz. jar of fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup tiny marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 6 serving size pkg of instant chocolate pudding, we used 1 & 1/2 boxes of 4 serving size
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Put butting in a microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl with waxed paper. Microwave for 30-40 seconds until melted.
- Put graham crackers in a plastic bag seal the bag closed and crush the crackers with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
- Pour the crushed crackers in to a 8x8 baking pan and add the sugar and butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Take out 1/3 cup of the mixture for later. Spread the rest of the crust into the baking pan evenly. Place pan in freezer for 10 mins.
- Place open jar of topping in the microwave for 45 seconds or until pourable. Pour the fudge topping over the chilled crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the marshmallows on top of the fudge.
- Mix the milk and pudding in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Using a rubber scraper to gently stir in half of the whipped topping into the pudding.
- Pour the pudding on top of the marshmallows and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle the saved cracker mixture and chocolate chips on top. Cover with foil and put in fridge for 1-24 hours or in the freezer until firm.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 445Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 39mgSodium 251mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 1gSugar 38gProtein 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.