Frozen pasta is even faster to cook than dried pasta. This Parmesan Kale Gnocchi Sauce Recipe is the ultimate weeknight gnocchi sauce that will be a true crowd pleaser. It does not take that long and actually the sauce and pasta mixture held up for a few hours in between kids coming home for dinner. Can’t wait to hear what you think of this Gnocchi Sauce recipe.
Gnocchi is a pretty quick cooking pasta. As soon as the individual pieces rise to the top of the water, they are ready to serve.
The sauce is a typical creamy cheese sauce that will go great on top of mainly different dishes. This is not a vegan recipe but it is vegetarian.
Once the gnocchi sauce is finished cooking just mix it all carefully in a bowl and serve with some extra grated or shaved parmesan cheese.
What do you think of this gnocchi sauce recipe? It makes a great side dish to a grilled meat or fish.
Parmesan Kale Gnocchi Sauce Recipe
- 16 oz. Caesar's Kitchen Gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1.25 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh kale, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain, set aside, and return the empty pot to the stove.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic to butter and sauté for about a minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add flour to butter and whisk to form a roux. Cook for 30 seconds or so to cook out any raw flour taste.
- Slowly add milk to roux, whisking constantly to break up any lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce has just begun to thicken.
- Stir chopped kale into sauce and cook 5-8 minutes more until kale has wilted and cooked. The sauce should be thickened too.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir to combine.
- Return cooked gnocchi to sauce and stir to combine. Serve immediately for best flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 3g Protein: 3g