Frozen pasta is even faster to cook than dried pasta. This Parmesan Kale Gnocchi Sauce Recipe is the ultimate weeknight gnocchi sauce that will be a true crowd pleaser. It does not take that long and actually the sauce and pasta mixture held up for a few hours in between kids coming home for dinner. Can’t wait to hear what you think of this Gnocchi Sauce recipe.
Gnocchi is a pretty quick cooking pasta. As soon as the individual pieces rise to the top of the water, they are ready to serve.
The sauce is a typical creamy cheese sauce that will go great on top of mainly different dishes. This is not a vegan recipe but it is vegetarian.
Once the gnocchi sauce is finished cooking just mix it all carefully in a bowl and serve with some extra grated or shaved parmesan cheese.
What do you think of this gnocchi sauce recipe? It makes a great side dish to a grilled meat or fish.
Parmesan Kale Gnocchi Sauce Recipe
- 16 oz. Caesar's Kitchen Gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1.25 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh kale, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain, set aside, and return the empty pot to the stove.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic to butter and sauté for about a minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add flour to butter and whisk to form a roux. Cook for 30 seconds or so to cook out any raw flour taste.
- Slowly add milk to roux, whisking constantly to break up any lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce has just begun to thicken.
- Stir chopped kale into sauce and cook 5-8 minutes more until kale has wilted and cooked. The sauce should be thickened too.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir to combine.
- Return cooked gnocchi to sauce and stir to combine. Serve immediately for best flavor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 127 Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 23mg Sodium 33mg Carbohydrates 9g Sugar 3g Protein 3g