If there is one baking ingredient I recommend having on hand for quick desserts it is brownie mix. Check out our round-up of recipes using a brownie mix for other great ideas.
My daughter has spent a lot of time baking lately and comes up with ways to turn a box of regular brownie mix into something bakery worthy.
We have updated this post from 8 years ago and sharing her most recent concoction and some baking accessories you need to check out if you are serious about baking.
Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies Recipes
We have made peanut butter brownies before, but my daughter took these to a new level by adding more chocolate and Oreos to the batter.
We also love these new baking pans that don’t stick. Check out the details below.
Other Quick Toppings for Brownies
For both variations just make the brownie per the recipe below. Add only 1/2 of the peanut butter cups to one side and place it back into the oven.
When the brownies cool for a few minutes add your Valentine Peppermint Patties. Love the heart shape so could not resist. Obviously you can use regular ones too. Even add them to half the batter.
Now for the taste test: I arranged them next to each other on a platter and let people dig in. Make sure you make it ahead of time to allow for the chocolate to cool before stacking it on a platter.
Recipe for Rocky Top Brownies Recipe from Southern LIving Kids cookbook
- 1 (19.5 ounces) package of brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (13 ounces) package miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups
Preheat oven to 305 degrees Stirs together first 3 ingredients in a big bowl until blended. Spoon batter, which was pretty thick, into a lightly greased 13×9 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes or just until center is set
While brownies are baking unwrap the PB cups and chop them Remove baking pan from the oven and place on wire rack.
Top brownies with chopped PB cups. Return pan to oven and bake 2 more minutes Remove pan from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 2 dozen brownies. (more if cut smaller)
PRODUCTS and GIFT IDEAS for the BAKER in Your life.
- Box favorite brownie mix
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 12 OREOS chopped plus more garnish
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Melt chips and whipping cream in microwave in 30 send increments until smooth. Set aside.
- Make brownies batter in a large bowl per ingredients on the page.
- Add the cooled chocolate to Batter along with vanilla. Add chopped Oreos. Put in prepared 9x13 pan, and top with peanut butter. Using a knife swirl the peanut butter onto of batter. Press broken Oreos on top
- Bake the brownies per box instructions and allow them to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 58Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.