The holiday season is synonymous with the flavor of Peppermint and chocolate. Why not combine the two in this yummy and easy peppermint fudge recipe. It is a great combination of dark chocolate fudge topped with white chocolate fudge flavored with peppermint extract and crushed peppermint. Do I have your mouth watering yet? Fudge is such an easy dessert idea and makes a great gift too.
Simply make dark chocolate fudge and layer it in a pan and allow it to cool slightly
While the dark chocolate fudge is cooling, make your white chocolate fudge.
Do you own a double boiler? This layered peppermint fudge recipe can be made easily with one but you can also compromise with this set up. Top a sauce pan filled with water with a glass bowl. Just do not allow any water to get inside of the chocolate. Trust me you will have to start over.
Once it’s completely set pull it out of the pan. I just love the layering of this fudge. Believe it or not this is the first time I have made two flavored fudge. Super -Super Easy for a great presentation. This layered peppermint fudge recipe is going to be a new tradition in my house.
I am not sure what was wrong with my peppermint sprinkles but they started bubbling. Did not change the taste just got your hands red.
Either way this is a super easy holiday dessert that anyone will enjoy as a gift or on a dessert table.
Layered Peppermint Fudge Recipe
Layered Peppermint Fudge RecipeYield: 24 slicesPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
A super easy holiday dessert that takes only minutes to put together. Layered Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes divided.
- Line an 8x8 square pan with aluminum foil or parchment and lightly spray the sides and bottom of the foil. Set aside.
- Divide condensed milk equally into two separate glass bowls (little over 1/2 cup)
- Add dark chocolate chips to one bowl and white chocolate chips to the other.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Once chocolate has melted, remove dark chocolate mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Immediately spread evenly into prepared pan. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Mean while melt the white chocolate over a double boiler. Stir in mint extract and 1/4 cup crushed peppermint. Carefully spread over the dark chocolate fudge layer.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermint pieces.
- Allow fudge to harden completely before slicing and serving (about 4-6 hours at room temperature, or about 1-2 hours in refrigerator). It's easiest to take the entire pan of fudge out of the pan to slice.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 11mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What type of Fudge is your favorite?