My son was talking about the Valentines he was making at school, sure you have seen it when kids make a puppy out of two hearts? While he was telling me about this Puppy Valentines it reminded me about a cookie I made years before I was blogging. (we have updated and added affiliate links )
It is so simple, as a short cut I used a sugar cookie mix. Really in a rush, you could use the refrigerated cookie dough if you dare. (I just don’t like the flavor).
How Many Puppy HEart Cookies Does one Package Make?
One batch makes 8 puppy Valentine Cookies so if you wanted to make them for a school class party I would get a smaller cookie cutter.
To Make these Puppy Love Valentines Day Cookies You simply need:
- 2-inch heart cookie cutter
- M& M’s
- lollipop sticks (optional)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
How to Make Puppy Love Cookies
Make your sugar cookie dough per the directions on the package.
Split the dough in half and add cocoa powder and mix it well so it becomes mainly a solid chocolate cookie.
Roll out both of your dough to 1/4 of an inch and cut out the hearts. You should get about 8 cookies per flavor.
Lay the vanilla cookie heart upside down on a cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
Cut the chocolate heart in half lengthwise.
Place them right next to the side of the vanilla hearts.
Add 6 mini chocolate chips to the bottom of the puppy.
How do I turn Cookies into Lollipop Cookies?
Before baking the cookie, carefully insert the lollipop stick into the dough being sure that it is covered by the dough. Remember it will bake over the stick.
Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
Decorate the faces with your kids
When cooled, add the eyes and nose M& M’s with frosting or melted chocolate.
Enjoy some Puppy Love Cookies This Valentines Day
My boys really enjoyed these Puppy Valentines Day Cookies and definitely put a smile on their face.
Next time I might reverse some of the hearts too and give them white ears.
Other Valentines Day Cookies You Might Like.
5 Valentines Day Cookies To Make with Kids
Perfect Puppy Shape Valentines Day Cookies
Turn Sugar heart cookies into these adorable Puppy Valentines cookies
- sugar cookie mix
- 24 M& M's
- lollipop sticks (optional)
- 48 Mini chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- Make your sugar cookie dough per the directions on the package.
- Split the dough in half and add cocoa powder (1/4 cup at a time) and mix it well so it becomes mainly a solid chocolate cookie.
- Roll out both of your dough to 1/4 of an inch and cut out the hearts. You should get about 8 cookies per flavor.
- Lay the vanilla cookie heart upside down on a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. \
- Cut the chocolate heart in half lengthwise.
- Place them right next to the side of the vanilla hearts.
- Add 6 mini chocolate chips to the bottom of the puppy.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- When cooled, add the eyes and nose M& M's with frosting or melted chocolate.
Add paper lollipop sticks before baking if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 5743Total Fat 343gSaturated Fat 203gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 123gCholesterol 21mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 773gFiber 67gSugar 659gProtein 52g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.