You won’t believe how simple this Homemade mother’s Day craft or Hostess gift can be. I went to our local AC Moore for supplies and most I had at home. I bought some pre cut shapes they sell in the balsa wood section. You can also buy pine and cut them yourself but I don’t have a jigsaw.
You can also use paint stirrer and cut them thinly.
- First drill a whole in your wood using a 7/34 bit.
- If you don’t want the natural color, I used touch up wood pens we had at the house.
- For the writing, you can use the Xyron machines or..
- If you like your handwriting write it yourself
- I printed out the font and size I wanted, then traced it onto the wood
- You can use a sharpie to outline or I used my wood burning tool. I preferred the look of this more than the sharpie
- Jute would be ideal to use as tag holders but the store was sold out.
- You can buy different shapes to celebrate any holiday or themed party
What labels will you make?