Eggland’s Best provided us with the information, coupons and Visa gift card for this post about Roasted Vegetable Frittata Recipe and Giveaway. For Easter, I usually do an Egg souffle or overnight casserole dish. It is easy because you do everything before hand and the hardest part is getting home from church and getting the oven preheated and waiting the 60 minutes for it to cook. A frittata is a quicker way to but breakfast or dinner on the table. What I really like about this frittata recipe is that you can roast the veggies ahead for an even easier turn around time. We hope you enjoy this step by step on How To Make a Frittata but be sure to read further as there are sweepstakes and a giveaway below.
This roasted vegetable frittata recipe is adapted from Barefoot Contessa and chuck full of veggies and cheeses.
If you are looking to make this recipe ahead of time, you can start by roasting the veggies and then heating them up before you prepare the eggs. The best part of this recipe is that you can change out the veggies for the ones your family will enjoy.
Wow, this is a wonderful concept, not sure why mom would flip her omelets all the time when we were younger. I just remember standing far away in fear they were going to slide off the plate she was flipping them on. Kudos to mom, I don’t think one ever dropped (that we saw!!)
Once you learn how to make a frittata recipe, you will realize just how easy they are to make. Just add everything and plop it into the oven to do all the work. Not sure how I could have really messed this recipe up.
Why we like using Egglands Best Eggs!
Compared to ordinary eggs, Eggland’s Best eggs contain five times more vitamin D, 25 percent less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E, and three times more vitamin B12. Eggland’s Best’s superior nutrition is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E. In addition, independent testing has revealed that Eggland’s Best eggs have stronger shells than ordinary eggs, which leads to less breakage and helps them stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs
Roasted Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1 small zucchini, 1-inch-diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and 1 1/2-inch-diced
- 1 red onion, 1 1/2-inch diced
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 2 cloves
- 12 large Egglands Best eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (3 scallions)
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese or cheddar if you prefer a milder cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the zucchini, peppers, and onion on a sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and toss well. Bake for 15 minutes. Add the garlic, toss again, and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the oven to 350 degrees. (this can be done ahead of time, even a few days in advance) Just reheat before next step.
- For the Egg Mixture, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, Parmesan, scant 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof saute' pan, melt the butter and saute' the scallions over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add the roasted vegetables to the pan and toss with the scallions. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat without stirring. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the frittata for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and set in the middle. Sprinkle with the Gruyere and bake for another 3 minutes, until the cheese is just melted. Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot. Fed our family of 5 easily with 2 slices left
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Saturated Fat 8gCholesterol 352mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 18g
EGGLANDS BEST SWEEPSTAKES:
Get creative in the kitchen and enter the 2017 Eggland’s Best Foodtography Contest. Entries will be accepted now through April 12, 2017. One grand prize winner will have a chance at $5,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs! All dish creations must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
Close to Home $25 GIVEAWAY::
One Reader (U.S. only) can win a $25 Visa gift card and one (1) coupon, valid for a free carton of Eggland’s Best eggs, so you can create delicious and nutritious recipes using the best quality ingredients, including Eggland’s Best eggs! Enter the Rafflecopter below.