This post about Natural Ways to Keep Mosquitos Away is thanks to DynaTrap and the free product they provided us. It may also contain affiliate links.
It is the dog days of summer, but that does not mean bugs don’t like to be in the heat. Heck I feel the hotter it is the more bugs I see. Our family seems to be mosquito magnets too. It does not take long to be in someones yard and realize they are not doing much to prevent mosquitos in their yard.
Seven Natural Ways to Keep Mosquitos Away
Did you know there were three D’s of Mosquito Protection?
1. Drain: Mosquitoes need standing water to breed, so drain all of the surrounding water around your house and yard.
2. Dress: Mosquitoes are more attracted to darker colors, so opt for light-colored clothing that also provides coverage (such as long sleeves and pants instead of shorts).
3. Defend: Try natural alternatives to chemicals and pesticides, which provide adequate defense without harmful toxins.
4. Keep it cool: Fans are one of the easiest ways to prevent mosquitoes, because mosquitoes are unable to fly in winds above 1 mph. If you have a fan, angle it slightly downward as mosquitoes tend to fly near to the ground during windy days. This is great for a covered porch but we don’t have that option.
5. Dryer Sheets Putting a dryer sheet in your pocket while you are hiking, camping or gardening can keep mosquitoes, gnats, and other insects out of your way. I am definitley going to try this
6. Introduce insect-repelling plants into your backyard: Lemon balm, catnip, basil, lavender, peppermint, sage, rosemary, and citrosum all have strong scents that repel insects. They also mask the human smells that attract mosquitoes to help keep them away.
7. Use chemical-free traps: Try DynaTrap’s technology-driven indoor/outdoor traps, which provide up to an acre of protection against mosquitoes, biting flies, moths, wasps, and more. Unlike other bug prevention solutions, DynaTrap is uniquely chemical- and pesticide-free, affordable, easy to maintain, environmentally friendly, and — most importantly — effective.
DynaTrap uses UV light and CO2 to mimic human beings and maximize predatory insect attraction. Its strong yet silent fan then vacuums the insects into a retaining cage. When run 24/7 during mosquito season, DynaTrap works brilliantly to disrupt the mosquito life-cycle and keep your home and yard bug-free
So what do you think of these traps? As you can see the bugs are collected at the bottom.
You know exactly what type of bug your home is infested with! Just be sure to place the trap away from your entertaining area otherwise you are attracting bugs close to you!
Which of these Seven Natural Ways to Keep Mosquitos Away do you already utilize?