I am part of the STUBB’s Insiders program and was provided with a promotional Item in return for this about grilled steak kebabs with avocado dip recipe post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Some of my favorite grilling recipes are kebabs especially when summer entertaining. You can marinate the meat the day before and assemble the kebobs hours before anyone walks in the door leaving you more time to actually engage with your guests. Plus if you do a kebab that includes veggies, its like making an entree and side dish all at once. Plus I think people like having individual servings like this. Plus is May is National Barbecue month so we had to share these amazing steak grilling recipes.
When we are looking for a quick marinade or BBQ sauce, we usually reach for STUBB’s sauces. They are are certified gluten-free, made with real ingredients and contain no artificial ingredients, colors. flavors or high fructose corn syrup. Every marinade we have tried definitely gives a little kick to the recipe we are preparing, but not too much the kids would not eat the recipe. . The beef marinade we used for these steak kebabs was no exception.
Get premium Premium Angus Beef at great prices delivered to your doorstep.
Since it was a little on the spicy side, we paired our beef kebabs with a refreshing avocado dip. Which was easy and the perfect flavor to compliment the beef.
Grilled Steak Kebabs with Avocado Dip
Simply cut up your steak, and marinate for a couple of hours.
Cut up your veggies of choice, the more the merrier in our house.
Skewer them onto wooded skewers that have soaked in water so they don’t burn.
You can make appetizer sizes or use the larger ones for more of an entree size. The combinations are completely up to you. If you have a casual party, create a kebab bar and let your guests create combinations that fit their pallets.
The key is not to cut your protein too large that the veggies burn before the meet is cooked.
Bring out the grill and the magic happens.
- For Kabobs
- 1.5 lbs steak, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 large yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1″ strips
- 2 zucchini or summer squashes, cut into 1/2″ thick coins
- 12 oz cremini mushrooms, whole
- 1 bottle Stubb’s Beef Marinade
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- For Sauce
- 1 whole avocado, preferably Hass
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, we use no fat
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt, or, to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- tiny pinch cayenne pepper
- 8-10 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
- ,Place the veggies in a separate large bowl and drizzle oil over. Add salt and toss well.
- Preheat your grill.
- Cooking Instructions
- Place steak cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour over beef marinade over, toss, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- After the meat has finished marinating
- Place one piece of steak on a soaked skewer followed by a mushroom, a piece of bell pepper, an onion, a zucchini and another piece of meat. Keep at it until your skewer is filled up. Repeat with remaining kabobs.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray. Grill kabobs for about six minutes per side, until meat has cooked through and veggies are tender and a little charred.
- To make the avocado sauce, place all ingredients in a food process or blender (or just use a hand mixer like I did). Season with additional sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Serve sauce with kabobs and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Saturated Fat 6gCholesterol 52mgSodium 278mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 21g