When my daughter and I went to the strawberry field last week during check out they asked if we wanted any kale. Wanting to support the strawberry field we have been going to for 10+ years, I agreed. Well she filled a huge plastic bag with fresh cut Kale. Now what to do. I had my daughter search for recipes and found a yummy strawberry and Kale salad. We are growing Kale this spring and this salad is a great go to as well. Strawberry Kale Salad is a great go to recipe that is filled with yummy flavors and healthy ingredients.
Stawberry Kale Salad
The last time I made a kale salad they suggested dressing it a few hours before serving since kale can be tough. Not this one which I was a little skeptical about.
First take out the rib of the kale pieces with a knife and cut them into slivers.
Then the recipe suggests squeezing the kale until a strong aroma arises. OK easy enough.
Make your dressing of prepared ranch dressing and honey. EASY. The second time I made this recipe I used half ranch and half no fat greek yogurt.
Add your strawberries and roasted walnuts and top with the prepared dressing. (my daughter did this before I could take a photo)
Serve and enjoy.
Three of the four people eating this took more than one serving. It was so rich this is all we ate for dinner that night.
I have made plenty of strawberry and spinach salads but this might have taken over.
I have plenty of kale left and will surely be making more of this strawberry and kale salads again. Maybe for dinner tonight.
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup toasted, walnuts chopped
- 1 bunch, about 6 cups kale stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 1½ cups strawberries sliced
- In a small bowl, combine Ranch dressing and honey. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat on the stove top, toast walnuts, stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add kale. Squeeze kale until leaves are soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add strawberries, salad dressing and toasted walnuts to kale. Toss and serve.
Adapted from Hidden Valley Website
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 5mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 4g