This post about Things you Need by Your Bedside after Surgery was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
At 45 I had my first surgery, outside of having my wisdom teeth extracted. I feel pretty lucky but at the same time, I was pretty nervous. The hardest part of the procedure was coordinating the activities and schedules of my three very busy kids.
I am forever grateful for the outpouring of offers and ease of making three sign up geniuses to get my kids where they needed to be each day I could not drive.
Realizing I am not the type of person who relaxes very well, I knew I needed to make a basket of Things you Need by Your Bedside after Surgery*. This would keep me from constantly making excuses to go downstairs to get things.
I had a hysterectomy and this is what I liked having next to me post surgery
Having the necessary items within reach really kept me independent and less of a burden on my family. Make sure your doctor approves any items you take as each surgery and person are different. These are things I simply found very useful in those first days home.
Things you Need by Your Bedside after Surgery
Be sure to head to the bottom of this post to get the Free Check List Printable!
- Peppermints and Peppermint Gum- Helps with nausea and just bad breath after anesthesia
- Hair Ties & Hair Clips
- Headphones: Even if your family is trying to be quiet there is plenty of noise that will keep you up
- Charging Cords/ Outlet
- Note Pad & Pens: Keep track of when you take your pain meds
- Thank you notes: You will need them to thank those that have helped you with driving or meals etc.
- Prescription meds
- Gas Relief Tablets: These were so helpful for immediate relief since my surgery they pumped my belly with gas first
- Lip Balm
- Probiotics: I was going to do anything I could control to help my bodily functions get back to normal. Nature Made® Probiotics: Nature Made® Advanced Dual Action Probiotic has been clinically studied and provides dual support to both your small and large intestine for comprehensive coverage to help support digestive balance and healthy gut flora.†
I chose to buy Nature Made® because it is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended brand for many key dietary supplement categories* I would not just trust any brand of supplement.
Nature Made® Probiotics: Nature Made® Advanced Dual Action Probiotics comes with two different pills, one for the small intestine and one for the large one. Each focusing on different issues like gas, bloating, constipation and irregularity, things we all can benefit from working every day.
The foods we eat can affect our intestines and when you are not active or eating properly, things can get even worse.
There is so much to learn about supplements so be sure to visit https://www.healthyhabitbuilder.com and join the Nature Made®Healthy Habit Builder program where you can get motivation and tips around your specific health goals.
*Based on the 2016 U.S. News & World Report – Pharmacy Times Survey. †These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease
To thank all my friends who did extra carpool duty I made these cute printable Thank You Notes and attached them to large Mum plants.
I thought the ideas were puny.
What items would you include in this Bedside basket of post surgery items?
PRINT OUT THIS POST SURGERY BEDSIDE Checklist OF WHAT YOU NEED AFTER SURGERY