This post about a refreshing watermelon tomato salad with feta recipe was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
It is still a little early in Central Virginia to have fresh tomatoes in our garden. We have a few more weeks thanks to the cooler weather this May. However, you will find plenty of fresh from Florida Tomatoes and Watermelon to create this refreshing Tomato Watermelon Salad.
I love that you can make the tomato, watermelon and onion mixture in advance and then assemble it once you are ready to eat. Add some feta or fresh mozzarella on top for the perfect side dish this summer. Be sure to read this post if you want to learn more about Fresh From Florida produce and fresh seafood.
Don’t you just love the colors of summer? The pinks of this watermelon and the bright red tomatoes just make you think of summer days. This salad will not be good with a watermelon that is too overripe. Save those for these Watermelon Margaritas.
Chop your watermelon and tomatoes and allow them to sit for a few minutes while you make the vinegar dressing.
Combine the dressing and red onions and refrigerate until you are ready to serve the tomato watermelon salad.
I transported chopped romaine lettuce, and cut cup fresh Mozzarella and allowed the guests to assemble their own salad.
I wish I had some feta cheese as well as it would be a great compliment to the watermelon and tomato. Make sure your guests use some of the juice/ dressing that has collected at the bottom of the tomato watermelon salad bowl. Otherwise, their salad will be dry.
Have you have had a Tomato and Watermelon Salad before?
Here is another yummy watermelon salad you might like.
Watermelon Tomato Salad Recipe
- 5 cups 3/4-inch seeded watermelon cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce leaves, optional
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Feta or fresh Mozzarella cheese crumbled
- Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in onion, vinegar, and oil. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve chilled with lettuce leaves, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and cracked black pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 8mgSodium 259mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 4g