This shop about Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Scones Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
One thing about the early introduction of the holidays I don’t mind is the reappearance of flavored coffee creamers. Most of the year I am only use vanilla creamer. However, come November I notice all the fun Holiday flavors from International Delight® at Walmart. This year I noticed two flavors I had not tried before International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer and International Delight® Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee Creamer. While I was excited about adding them to both hot cocoa and my morning coffee, the idea of scones came to mind. Finding a bag of hazelnuts in my freezer from an Italian Cookie I made before, I knew I wanted to make a Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Scones Recipe.
Scones might seem complicated but really are a simple breakfast recipe that also makes great holiday gifts. Once you make scones correctly, changing up the recipe flavors is easy and it can be quite addicting to create new combinations. This day my coffee cup had to step aside and my oven was going to get a chance to smell the yumminess of the Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee Creamer. These scones are filled with hazelnuts, dark chocolate chips and Chocolate Hazelnut Creamer. Be sure to check out these make-ahead Cranberry Scones too.
The trick to a good scone recipe, is making sure your butter is cold. This keeps your scone fluffy and delicious.
You want a flour mixture to resemble small crumbs.
Now add your wet ingredients. Yes, here is the first place you will find our flavored creamers at work.
Mix until well blended then shape into a circle and cut into 8 slices. Bake until browned on the bottom.
This recipe not only has the creamer in the scone batter but also a wonderful glaze. Once they are baked and still a little warm dip them in a combination of confectionery sugar and Chocolate Hazelnut creamer.
Allow them to cool completely. The glaze will drip off a little so make sure you have something to collect the extra glaze.
Here is a close up after they have cooled.
If you are making this Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Scones Recipe for a brunch you can make them smaller than the eight I made.
To make our chocolate experience even more wonderful, we made some hot cocoa and added some chocolate peppermint creamer. Top it with some whipped cream and you have a very happy warm beverage.
Here is two wonderful holiday inspired recipes to use flavored creamers. I have also made Peppermint Brownies with flavored creamer in the past.
Which would you want to try first the Scones or the Peppermint Mocha Hot Cocoa?
Check out the large display of International Delight Creamers at Walmart! Not sure which one I will check out next?
Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Scones Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch pf salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2-3/4 cup International Delight® Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectionery sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of International Delight® Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking tray parchment paper.
- Blend the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix the vanilla, egg and creamer. Add to the dry ingredients along with the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Mix gently only until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a well floured worktop and form it into a ball. Pat the dough into a disk shape and cut into eight wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking tray dusted with a little cocoa powder keeping them close together. Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Glaze: Mix confectionery sugar with creamer until a thick consistency. Adding more of either ingredient to get a smooth but not too runny consistency. While still warm dip the tops of the scones in the glaze. Allow to cool completely
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 scone
Amount Per Serving Calories 514Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 46mgSodium 185mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 4gSugar 43gProtein 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
How would you use the International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer in a recipe?