We have all been there, thinking Valentine’s Day is just a Hallmark Holiday and why should we eve participate. Well I have the best dessert to share with a bunch of your single friends and have the anti Valentines Day party. How about simple Valentine’s Day dessert ideas that you can make anytime of the year but thought it was in theme of the upcoming holiday, Serve them a slice of Better than Sex Cake and at least give them something to giggle about on this day.
This cake is so simple to make and is best made a day ahead of time to allow all the flavors to meld. I actually made this for my daughter and her cotillion friends but called it Chocolate Heath Bar Cake. There were a few picky eaters in the group but no one had trouble finishing their slice of this dessert.
You can make you own cake but why not use a box mix. There are many variations of the recipe on the web but I went with the rich chocolate flavors so I used Devil Food Cake mix as my base.
Right when you get it out of the oven, it is time to punch holes and start making this cake happen. I used the back of a chop stick for my holes.
Fill these holes with sweetened condensed milk ( I used non fat that is what I had) and caramel sauce.
Just allow it to cool some more and then cover it and let it sit over night. (how easy is that!)
Once again you can make some whipped topping or just defrost a good old tub of cool whip.
Cover it with heath bits, I have also heard people put other candies on top.
Just cut a small piece this is a rich dessert but sure to make you forget that it is Valentines Day, especially if you are not going to be celebrating. So do you think this cake is better than sex? I could get in some trouble there. This would also make a great super bowl dessert as it feeds a lot.
- 1 18.25 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 7 oz can sweetened condensed milk I used low fat
- 1 6- 0 z jar caramel sauce
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping
- 1 /2 bag Heath Toffee pieces or 3 bars
- Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits or holes across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
- Pour the condensed milk over the cake, then the caramel sauce. (I heat it in the microwave for a few minutes to make it easy to pour)
- Allow the cake to cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight
- Before serving cover with whipped topping and candy bar pieces
Enjoy. What other Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas do you like?