The product, information, and gift card have been provided by A&W so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about A&W Root Beer. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of A&W. #AWRootBeer
In the summertime heat, I find it difficult to stay cool and hydrated. But as August 6th approaches, I am reminded of a special, 50s inspired drink. A classic Root Beer float with A&W Root Beer and vanilla ice cream. The unique and familiar flavor of Root Beer and vanilla ice cream is refreshing and tasty. National Root Beer Float Day inspired me to brainstorm some of my favorite ways to celebrate the summer in a super sweet way. The Root Beer Float will help create summertime memories with family and friends.
5 Summer Activities That Pair Well with Root Beer Floats
- A Game a Frisbee with Friends: After a game of competitive Frisbee, cool off with a ice cold float.
2. Take a Double Kayak on a Lake Share a sweet treat with a bud after a relaxing kayak trip on the serene water.
3. Watch a Movie: Pick a comedy, horror, chick flick, or classic film and share some popcorn and a float with your family.
4. Picnic at the Park: Indulge with a delicious meal and have a sweet drink with family.
5. Have a Family Game Night Enjoy a friendly game with the people you love and pair the night with a float
How to make a classic Root Beer Float:
We are all familiar with the traditional root beer float, simply scooping your favorite vanilla ice cream into a mug.
Then add cold A&W Root Beer of your choice. (
For more “float how-tos” and recipe inspiration visit, www.rootbeer.com.
You really don’t need an excuse to enjoy an A&W Root Beer but be sure to enjoy an Root Beer Float on National Root Beer Float Day!