This is an updated version from the original Amazing Peanut Butter Pie Recipe from Cooking with Caitlin dated back in 2013.
Are you a peanut butter fan? Well this is the perfect recipe for you! Hi this is Caitlin again. Sorry that I have not been posting Cooking with Caitlin’s as often as I promised. As I was saying before, Today’s new recipe is a peanut butter pie recipe but I call it Reese’s pie. The pie has Oreo crust and a peanut butter cream cheese peanut butter filling. Are you hooked into this recipe yet? Can’t wait for you to try this cream cheese peanut butter pie for any occasion.
How to Make this Amazing Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
The pie was a huge hit in my family. First I am going to share a story. My dad was going to come back from a long business trip, and my mom, brothers, and I had already had our fair share of the pie. There was only one sliver/serving of pie left. My mom said to save it for dad. My father must have gotten home very late because the next morning the pie was gone. Later my dad said, “Caitlin I need to talk to you”. I was so worried that I was in big trouble or did something wrong or something. I replied nervously, “ yeah Dad”. “Last night you gave me the best surprise ever! You were the one who made the peanut butter pie right”? I told him that I did in fact make the pie. “ Well Caitlin, that pie was absolutely phenomenal! You have to make it again”.
Before I share the cream cheese peanut butter pie recipe with you I want to give you a few tips.
*First the pie is very very rich so I would serve smaller pieces and maybe a glass of milk on the side.
*Next I would make real whipping cream instead of cool whip. The whipping cream gives the pie a fresh taste and feel. I had to improvise the recipe as I we did not have any whipped topping in the freezer and I just whipped up some whipping cream mom had in the fridge for another recipe she was going to make. The second time we made this pie we used Cool Whip and a pre-made pie crust for convenience.
*Make sure it sets in the fridge long enough, we were afraid it was not going to be good but after it cooled overnight it solidified perfectly. A great no bake pie recipe for any occasion.
*Lastly I would garnish the top with Reese’s peanut butter chips and chocolate chips to give it a pretty and yummy look and taste. The recipe calls for cut up peanut butter cups, but once again this was an adaptation to the recipe. We used chopped peanut butter cups for the second version.
Would you like a slice of this decadent peanut butter pie? It was as much of a hint as it was the first time we made it.
Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Pie recipe
- FOR CRUST or use a premade chocolate crust.
- 25 whole Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 package, 8 Ounce Softened Cream Cheese
- 1-1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 package, 8 Ounce Cool Whip, Thawed or whip in a mixer 8 oz Whipping Cream and 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks
- Chopped Chocolate and peanut butter cups for garnish
- Crush the Oreos until they’re fine crumbs. Pour melted butter over the top and stir with a fork to combine. Press into pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Make whipped cream if not using cool whip.
- Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in the thawed Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream and beat mixture until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour filling into crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Add chopped chocolate peanut butter cups on top. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 944Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 78mgSodium 454mgCarbohydrates 103gFiber 3gSugar 84gProtein 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
How would you top this peanut butter pie differently? Pin this for the next time you are craving peanut butter pie.
Here is the original photo from our cream cheese peanut butter pie recipe.