Thanks to Purina for partnering with Close to Home on this post Best 4 Ingredient DIY Peanut Butter Dog Treats to celebrate National Love Your Pet Day All opinions are our own.
If this is not your first Close to Home Post, then you know our Dog and Car are truly a part of our family. If you are pet parent, then you know our pets enrich our lives in so many ways.
They inspire us to try new things, love us unconditionally and push us to be our best every day. In recognizing National Love Your Pet Day, I am showing our dog Chloe some extra love and affection by making her a batch of these Best 4 Ingredient DIY Peanut Butter Dog Treats.
By making homemade dog treats, you know exactly what you are feeding your dog.
How to make these Best Peanut Butter Dog Treats:
Making homemade dog treats is super easy and a great way to control what you are feeding your dogs. Plus this simple recipe makes enough to share with your other doggie friends.
How do you make cut out dog treats?
If you ever made rolled out cookies, then there is no reason you can’t make these DIY dog treats.
You can just cut them out and bake or if you want to personalize your dog cookies, then of course feel free.
How Long will These Homemade Dog Treat Last?
Be sure to allow them to cool completely and store them in an airtight container. They may soften if you did not cook them enough or put them in a container too early.
Pets Help Pet Owners Find Romantic Relationships
Did you spend Valentines Day alone this year? According to a survey by Purina, pets can provide more than just companionship. They can play a part in helping pet owners find romantic relationships, too!
For example, 54 percent of people have found their pet as an instant conversation starter with someone they are interested in. While I am not looking for a companion I can attest that I have met more neighbors since getting our dog.
You are forced to leave your house and talk to people that are outside too.
- Also, nearly 6 out of 10 surveyed say that they are likely to consider a person with a dog more attractive.
- 1 in 3 people would want to meet up with or talk to someone that has their pet in their dating website photo
How to find the perfect pet?
Don’t overfeed your pet, while you feel you are showing your love, being overweight is not healthy. Be sure to provide extra exercise for your pet today and everyday, especially if treats are involved.
Purina and Petfinder have helped more than 2.2 million pets find their perfect match, and they can definitely help you find yours!
To learn more about how you can show some love to your pet and live your best life possible together, visit www.purina.com/expertise.
Best Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or you can use gluten-free flours
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce or mashed banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, peanut butter and apple sauce(or banana) in a large mixing bowl. Add stock and stir until well-combined. The dough will be thick.
- Press the dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surfce, roll out dough evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shapes and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake treats for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 28 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 79 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 45mg Carbohydrates 11g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3gAll information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Be sure to pin this recipe for your pup on National Love Your Pet Day. What will you do extra for your pet this day?