I started making Bourbon Pecan pies when my husband started his interest in Bourbon. Although I would always got a crazy look when I went into the liquor cabinet and grabbed the bottle for this recipe. Well as the kids get older we also have to start thinking about what the kids might get themselves into when we leave them home alone… well we have a few years but we want to set a good example early. I also wanted to show how easy it is to make a pecan pie. I recently saw William Sonoma selling Pecan pie in a Jar….gross.
So how do you have the balance of wanting to use spirits in your recipes but don’t want a bottle sitting in the cabinet? I was thrilled to be introduced Rave Review original Culinary Spirits. I had to immediately try it out in my favorite chocolate bourbon pecan pie recipe before Thanksgiving just in case. I was introduced to Rave Reviews Original Culinary Spirits and wanted to share them in a old favorite.
Our ingredients are all natural and each spirit is heat stable, has no alcohol bite, low in congeners and low in sugar. You will find each flavor to be balanced and consistent in cooking as any quality ingredient should be.
A perfect stocking stuffer, these delicious spirits are currently available in a beautifully designed 200ml bottle:
- Rave Review! Original Culinary Brandy™ — Featuring a dash of oak and a hint of orange zest, this Brandy is decadent in desserts, wonderful with savory pork and poultry creations and superb for deglazing pan sauces.
- Rave Review! Original Culinary Rum™ — This Rum is delicious in recipes ranging from a savory Caribbean black bean dip to traditional rum balls and cake.
- Rave Review! Original Culinary Blended Bourbon™ — With its slight smokiness and smooth vanilla finish, this Bourbon is ideal in dishes ranging from frosting to BBQ sauce. It’s also a great substitute for vanilla extract.
These do contain alcohol just to clarify, in case you trying to stay alcohol free.
I did half this recipe so I would not have too much sitting around, I am trying a few new recipes this week and that can be fatal to my waist line. I used these adorable TaraTemptation pie plates and half the recipe filled two of the mini pie pans.
The Ultimate Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE (full recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 9 inch pie shell-unbaked
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped pecan halves plus 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of butter–softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or Rave Reviews Culinary Bourbon
- 1/2 to 3/4 semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add the corn syrup, sugars, butter, salt, vanilla, and bourbon. Whisk again until combined. Stir in the chopped pecans and chocolate.
- Option: Arrange the remaining 1/4 cups pecan halves on top of the filling in a decorative pattern.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes. Just watch and keep the edges from burning. You can always place tin foil around crust if getting too dark too fast.
Which Rave Review Culinary Spirits would you be interested in trying?
This was so yummy my all time favorite Pecan Pie recipe..