A fun treat to make and eat is a mixture of cookie and brownie together. This concoction is also known as a Brookie! A brookie is a twist of two desserts into a cupcake shape or in this revised post, a cookie bar.
This is a very easy cookie recipe and I would recommend to any beginner, intermediate, or expert baker. I actually made this recipe all by myself while my mom was out doing yard work.
If you prefer the cupcake version of Brookies:
Follow the directions on the box or recipe to make batter and dough.
Fill a cupcake pan and with cupcake liners. We even sprayed the liners with some non-stick cooking spray just as a precaution.
Pour a little bit of of brownie in the cupcake liners.
Then get a tablespoon size clumps of cookie dough. and distribute them between the cupcakes holders.
Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the brownies.
Bake for 20-30 minutes. Switch the pans around half way though.
Take them out and enjoy.
This Brookies recipe is fun to make and it is fun for the whole family to make and eat.
Who will you enjoy these brookies with? Do you consider these a brownie, cookie, or cupcake.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Brownie Layer:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat softened butter, light brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a large bowl until creamy. Add 1 egg; beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until dough is combined. Stir chocolate chips into dough. Spread dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to cover completely.
- Stir 1 cup white sugar, melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl; add 2 eggs and beat well. Mix cocoa powder into butter mixture until well-combined. Stir 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt into cocoa mixture until batter is combined. Pour brownie batter over cookie dough and spread to cover completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brookies comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
You can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie and brownie mixes instead of making them from scratch.
Pin this for when you cant decide whether you want brownies or cookies for dessert!
Caitlin and I have decided to partner with a community of bloggers called Kids Cook Monday. Together with this community we are trying to emphasize the importance of cooking with the entire family.
The posts each Monday (we hope) will be anything from a favorite family recipe to family cooking videos to stories of the family dinner. I hope you will join us as we bring the family back into the kitchen!!