When it comes to whipping up a quick and yummy dessert I love boxed brownies in a pinch. I am not ashamed to admit that fact. However, I love to adorn them with extras to make them look like more than a box mix. Even if you just add some chocolate frosting it says a little extra to disguise my laziness. I use them so often I dedicated a whole post to 20 Easy Dessert Recipes using A Boxed Brownie Mix. I usually have all the ingredients to make this Ultimate Caramel Pretzel Brownies dessert in the fall when I make caramel apples, so I had to run out to get caramel but it is well worth it. Excuse the disposable tin I used for these ultimate Caramel Pretzel brownies as I was sending them to school for teacher appreciation week.
Caramel Pretzel Brownie Recipe
This recipe reminds me of a caramel and chocolate covered pretzels. This had to be the most unique brownie topping I have tasted but I will make this again adding all sorts of goodies like M & M’s and left over Halloween candy in the fall. It already has chocolate chips, pretzels, caramel and toffee bits to make this one special brownie mix.
Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 25 minutesTotal Time 35 minutes
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag, 14 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350° F (325° F for dark and nonstick pan). Grease or spray 13x9-inch pan.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, and eggs; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/2 cup). Spread into pan.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwaveable bowl, microwave caramels, butter, and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Carefully pour and spread over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with pretzels, remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and toffee bits. Pressing the toppings slightly into the caramel topping.
- Cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 2g