When it comes to whipping up a quick and yummy dessert I love boxed brownies in a pinch to make things like these Caramel Pretzel Brownies Recipe. I am not ashamed to admit that fact. However, I love to adorn them with extras to make them look like more than a box mix.
Even if you just add some chocolate frosting it says a little extra to disguise my laziness. I use them so often I dedicated a whole post to 20 Easy Dessert Recipes using A Boxed Brownie Mix.
I usually have all the ingredients to make this Ultimate Caramel Pretzel Brownies dessert in the fall when I make caramel apples, so I had to run out to get caramel but it is well worth it.
Excuse the disposable tin I used for these ultimate Caramel Pretzel brownies as I was sending them to school for teacher appreciation week.
Caramel Pretzel Brownie Recipe
This recipe reminds me of a caramel and chocolate covered pretzels. This had to be the most unique brownie topping I have tasted but I will make this again adding all sorts of goodies like M & M’s and leftover Halloween candy in the fall.
What you need to make these Caramel Pretzel Brownies
- brownie mix for 9×13 pan
- chocolate chips
- toffee bits
How to Make Caramel For Brownies
Can I Make Brownie Mix Ahead of Time?
Caramel and Pretzel Brownies from a Brownie Boxed Mix
Caramel and Pretzel Brownies
A unique combination of brownies, caramel topping, pretzels and chocolate chips. / Caramel and Pretzel Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix for 9x13 pan
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag, 14 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350° F (325° F for dark and nonstick pan). Grease or spray 13x9-inch pan.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, and eggs; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/2 cup). Spread into pan.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwaveable bowl, microwave caramels, butter, and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Carefully pour and spread over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with pretzels, remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and toffee bits. Pressing the toppings slightly into the caramel topping.
- Cool completely.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 164Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 19mgSodium 101mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.