When it comes to whipping up a quick and yummy dessert I love boxed brownies in a pinch. I am not ashamed to admit that fact. However, I love to adorn them with extras to make them look like more than a box mix. Even if you just add some chocolate frosting it says a little extra to disguise my laziness. I use them so often I dedicated a whole post to 20 Easy Dessert Recipes using A Boxed Brownie Mix. I usually have all the ingredients to make this Ultimate Caramel Pretzel Brownies dessert in the fall when I make caramel apples, so I had to run out to get caramel but it is well worth it. Excuse the disposable tin I used for these ultimate Caramel Pretzel brownies as I was sending them to school for teacher appreciation week.
Caramel Pretzel Brownie Recipe
This recipe reminds me of a caramel and chocolate covered pretzels. This had to be the most unique brownie topping I have tasted but I will make this again adding all sorts of goodies like M & M’s and left over Halloween candy in the fall. It already has chocolate chips, pretzels, caramel and toffee bits to make this one special brownie mix.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag, 14 oz caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350° F (325° F for dark and nonstick pan). Grease or spray 13x9-inch pan.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, and eggs; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/2 cup). Spread into pan.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwaveable bowl, microwave caramels, butter, and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Carefully pour and spread over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with pretzels, remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and toffee bits. Pressing the toppings slightly into the caramel topping.
- Cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 2g