I am so thrilled to have Brandy guest post on Close to Home today. I have salivated over these desserts made in jars and now I am a little closer to trying them myself.
It’s no secret that I love the trend of desserts in jars. They are adorable, most of them easy to make and you can really customize them for each occasion. Not to mention the little idea of portion control is built in, if only they had self control built in as well.
One of the easiest desserts in a jar to make is no-bake cheesecake. The recipe I use is only 7 ingredients including the ingredients for the crust (which does get baked) and you can really mix it up with your own ingredients. Which brings me to my latest creation of Funfetti Cake Batter No-Bake Cheesecakes.
These little jars of deliciousness are easy to make and look amazing with such little effort. I used Funfetti because there is just something about that flavor of cake mix that I can not duplicate on my own. It’s not white cake, it’s not yellow cake; but it most certainly is delicious and fun! These are great for Birthday parties, Easter Brunch, bake sales you name it.
If Funfetti isn’t your flavor you don’t have to worry, any cake mix flavor will work. Strawberry, lemon, yellow and french vanilla have all been wonderful.
With no further ado let’s get busy making these delicious (how many times can I say that) fun sized desserts. Head to your cupboards to get these basic ingredients and let’s get mixing. You can easily cut this recipe in half which will make about 12 jars, a full recipe will make 25-28 jars. Make sure to use the Mason Jars – 125 mL – Decorative
Ingredients For Nilla Wafer Crust
- 1 11 oz box of Nilla Wafer Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (melted)
Directions To Make Nilla Wafer Crust
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crush Nilla wafer cookies in a food processor or by hand just like graham crackers.
3. Mix crushed cookies, sugar and melted butter together.
4. Use 2 tablespoons of mixture for each jar. Then mash it down into a flat crust. I used my espresso dampening tool. The small side fits in the jar perfectly.
5. Bake your crust filled jars for 7 minutes.
Ingredients For Cake Batter No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 2 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 dry cake mix
Directions For Cake Batter No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
1. Mix softened cream cheese, lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk and dry cake mix together.
2. Spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons of cream cheese filling into your jars on top of the Nilla wafer crust.
3. Refrigerate before topping your cheesecakes with whip cream and of course sprinkles.
Whew, I told you this recipe was super simple but looks like you spent hours working on them. I hope you enjoy making these cute little desserts and customizing them for your guests at your next party.
What flavors of no-bake cheesecake are you looking forward to making?
About The Author of Cake Batter No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Brandy is the mom of two rambunctious boys and the wife to Cory. Brandy keeps busy chasing her two boys on 1200 acres, cooking 21 meals a week and blogging over at Farmer’s Wife Rambles.